How To Complete The 'Rosé All Day' Challenge

A Comprehensive Guide To Sorta Completing The 'Rosé All Day Challenge'

Bread and water are key, or just save your liver and don't the challenge.

114

I have one thought about the Rosé All Day Challenge: That shit hurted! (This is a vine reference I swear I'm not illiterate.)

So, the Rosé All Day Challenge was brought to my attention while I was in Paris for study abroad and one of the other students begged that we do it. Being a long-time lover of rosé I easily joined in before even hearing the actual guidelines for the challenge.

^me the second anyone mentions the word "rosé."

According to Buzzfeed, the guidelines are: Once an hour everyone participating in the challenge must drink 5 oz of rosé at their own pace.

This may seem like child's play, but the hours really add on.

After popping open our first bottle, the two other students and I were feeling very confident in our drinking abilities and figured that since we had the day to ourselves it would be a great idea to walk around Paris — a foreign city where we knew no one and didn't have anything but a backpack stuffed with wine bottles. I'm so sorry Mom and Dad.

To add on to our bright idea to mindlessly roam the city, we also had no cups. To remain true to the challenge we did the only reasonable thing: drink straight out of the bottle like a depressed housewife. Definitely one of our shining moments.

After getting lost 87 times looking for somewhere to eat, the 5 oz an hour began to take its toll. I'm 80% sure that if we would not have miraculously found a café shortly after the fourth hour of the challenge, I think I would still be sitting on a curbside in Paris right now. If there is one thing I have learned from this it is: day drinking sucks when you're actually outdoors and moving.

^my feelings after walking in the hot sun for hours while drinking wine.

Luckily this death feeling quickly faded once we sat down and had the best meal of my life: a heaping bowl of chicken caesar salad. I want to thank not only God but also Jesus for this glorious meal, it was truly a blessing. I'm not even a salad gal, but for whatever reason, drunk me was compelled to go for it and it was the best decision of the day.

After eating and shot-gunning water, we all felt back to our original selves, confident that we could easily handle more rosé, even though we had no reason to.

Before leaving the restaurant we all went to the bathroom, and once I looked in the mirror I made the horrid realization: we were nowhere near conquering the challenge, oh no, it was conquering us. Have you ever looked in the mirror while drunk? It's truly shaking. For me, it's like looking at a stranger with wine-stained lips. It's not a pretty sight.

Moving on from this horrid sight, we decided that it was very crucial that we go see the Eiffel Tower immediately, even though it was pouring rain and all we had was a Jansport backpack and empty bottles of wine. Seems logical.

Once getting there 20 minutes later, and 10lbs heavier from all the rainwater soaking us, we stood in awe glaring up at the massive tower with our drunk, glossy eyes. It was incredible. I'm honestly so proud of myself for not drunk-girl crying or doing any dramatic shit. It was definitely the perfect way to end our pitiful attempt at rosé all day.

So, if you find yourself having a sudden urge to "rosé all day," I don't suggest it unless you have a bomb salad and the Eiffel Tower on standby.