Growing Up With All Girls

Growing Up With All Girls

"Though time may pass, our sisterhood will last."

92
Growing Up With All Girls

Whether you're the oldest, youngest, only child, have tons of brothers, or tons of sisters, you're going to learn something different while you're growing up. In the new Netflix series, "Fuller House," the returned sisters of the original series, "Full House," reminisce about the lessons they learned growing up. Being the oldest of five girls, I have learned some of these same, and unique, things in my own full house that anyone with lots of sisters can relate to.

1. You always had multiple closets at your disposal.

Hannah Montana was probably playing in your house nonstop, and every girl wanted that walk-in closet full of designer clothes. But between you and all of your sisters, you probably had enough clothes to fill two of them! Even though you may not have asked permission very often, you always knew you can borrow your sister's shirt for your date that night, since none of your own clothes were perfect enough.

2. You never had many fist fights, just throwing shade.

When brothers have an argument, they just start throwing punches and settle it in a matter of minutes. However, when you and your sisters fight, your words are your best weapons. Arguments you had years ago are brought up and rehashed, and some secrets get let out. But you can instantly go from hating each other to being best friends in a matter of seconds!

3. Your nails were your best weapon.

Even though those fights are usually fought through words, sometimes things just get out of hand. In those cases, you're both going to come out of battle with scratches all over you. The person with the least amount wins!

4. You never ran out of nail polish.

Going to a nail salon was unnecessary because you probably owned more nail polish than they did! You all collected it, and every time anyone found a new color, it went in the big tub. Plenty of selection!

5. You were practically all professional make up artists.

You all grew up playing with each other's makeup! So when you just couldn't get those even wings, or your mascara kept clumping, you always had an extra pair of hands to help you out. Who needs to hire a makeup artist for prom when you have sisters?!

6. Every night was girl's night.

There's time for gossip every night and you stay up later than you should talking about boys. The best Friday nights were spent at home with your sisters, all piled up on the couch eating popcorn and Netflix binging.

7. You didn't have to wear pants.

You're all girls! There aren't any boys to make uncomfortable. You can be comfortable in your own home. Let's be honest. The best part of a long day is coming home and taking off that bra and pants! With all sisters, you can enjoy that all of the time.

8. There was always someone to go shopping with.

At least one of your sisters was always free and happy to go to the mall with you! When you just wanted to get over the stress, find a new pair of shoes, or just go window shopping, you never had to go alone.

9. Banking from babysitting money.

Your sisters and you probably all had plenty of babysitting gigs, so you all had plenty of money for those shopping sprees. Plus, when one sibling outgrew babysitting, the next one could take over!

10. You learned motherly instincts.

You grew up taking care of baby dolls and little sisters and babysitting.You have this mother thing down! At least you hope so...

11. You always had someone to do the back of your hair.

Sometimes it's just hard to get the back of your hair, and you always seem to miss a piece. But with all sisters, one of them was surely available to jump in and take over. As long as you return the favor!

12. You always had someone to watch rom coms with.

When you were going through a breakup and just wanted to watch "The Notebook" and eat your weight in ice cream, you always had at least one sister on the couch with you, usually all of them. And you always had someone to go see the newest John Green movie at the theatre with you, without judging you for crying.

13. You always had a best friend.

Your sisters always have been and always will be your best friends. You love them more than is imaginable, even when you're fighting. You will always be there for them, just as you know they'll always be there for you. Growing up with all sisters is the greatest blessing!