Soccer has taught me to never let things go that I love

My Long-Lost Passion For Soccer Has Taught Me To Never Let Go What You Love

Trust me, you will not regret it, instead you will thank me for making sure you didn't give up on this sport.

218

As a child, I had always loved only one sport, soccer. Playing soccer throughout my childhood was the best extracurricular activity I had. Having the wind blow against my hair to getting sore muscles after a solid 2 hours of practice to listening to all my family members gathered in the bleachers yell my name as i continue with the ball to tempt to shoot it into the goal.

All these memories made me ponder on why did I stop playing soccer? The main reason why I stopped playing soccer was because I was currently going to the 7th grade and I felt as if I would have too much schoolwork load on me that I would not have time to play soccer.

However, I was wrong. I realized this in high school where the schoolwork load is insane and the most crucial thing is that you must make time for things that you like. If I wish to play soccer, then I must take my time out during the day to play soccer before during homework.

High School isn't always about doing and excelling homework, high school is about how you balance and manage the time to do all the homework and the extracurricular activities you truly love doing. When you start to apply for colleges, they don't accept a 4.5 Gpa student with no extracurriculars. Colleges like to see a diverse or well-rounded teenager who can do average at academics and also manage to play sports for not just the sake of it but actually are truly passionate about it.

Soccer is one of my absolute favorite sport and after being through this experience as a high school student, I knew I had made a very wrong choice of giving up my passion for soccer! I would like to give advice to all the other that are reading this article, if you are currently playing soccer or any type of sport please don't give up on this dream and continue it.