8 Important Life Lessons 'Grey's Anatomy' Has Taught Me Within All 15 Seasons

Truly a different kind of roller-coaster!

3

"Grey's Anatomy" has been going on for many seasons now and as each season progresses, the more viewers the show gets. This show has so many ups and downs and is truly a roller coaster of its own kind! With it's many plot twists and character development, you're 100% sure to cry, laugh, and binge, rain or shine! Throughout all 15 seasons (and continuing) there have been so many life lessons that viewers learn and will always teach big lessons.

1. With the right people, friendship is forever

There's no better people to show the meaning of real friendship other than Cristina and Meredith. They're there for each other no matter what and are each other's back bone. They support each other and tell each other when one of them is making a mistake. They're not afraid to be who they are in front of each other.

2. Sometimes you have to let go to move forward

Owen and Amelia are an on and off relationship in the show. After Amelia's surgery, the couple makes a decision to let go of each other and separate to move forward. But even after all of this, they find their way to each other.

3. Speak up for yourself

In this show, Jo faces a very sensitive issue and is eaten up by fear. But she finally knows to speak up for herself. Not only is she able to do that but she's able to help others who unfortunately face the same situation.

4. YOLO

In my opinion, the biggest life lesson that this show taught me is that you truly do only live once. You have one chance to do everything you want to do in your lifetime and surround yourself with the people who make you the happiest.

5. Never be afraid to take a chance

You should never be afraid to take a chance because you don't know what's going to happen. It could be the best decision you make or something you learn a lesson from. But either way, you never want to miss the opportunity to take a chance because there's always going to be a positive outcome somehow.

6. Sometimes life is gonna suck

There's no nice way to say it. Life sometimes will kick you in the back but you just have to get back up and kick it back.

7. The unexpected is always bound to happen

Life will never go planned. The unexpected is bound to happen because that's just how life is sometimes. For example, how Derek and Meredith ended up working in the same hospital as a boss and intern relationship was definitely unexpected for both of them. But, it worked out in the end for them.

8. Love can be found in the people you least expect it from

Alex and Meredith hated each other in the beginning. He was a jerk and definitely not liked by a lot of viewers as well. But, as he grew more comfortable with everyone, another side of him came out. He became Meredith's person after Cristina.