A Greyhound Bus Was Worth It

A Greyhound Bus Was Worth It

Now who doesn't love public transportation...

126
A Greyhound Bus Was Worth It
Sophie Guthrie

Travelling to Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, and back, this weekend opened my eyes to many new things. One of the most important being the fact Greyhound bus service is not superb. On the way there my bus was delayed by three hours, a crying baby was having a rough time, and tired people tend to argue over stupid things. On the way back it was 100 times worse as we had to change buses because it broke down, and when we were en route to Philadelphia broke down at a rest stop. While the bus driver was little to no help and made jokes of anyone having a plane, a small group of us banded together and realized that the bus was not getting there any time soon.

This group was lucky enough to have a girl whose father GRACIOUSLY, drove three hours to come and get us, just to turn around and drive three hours back. With news at 10:30 p.m the alternator was broken, and a new bus would be here in three to six hours, this group of college kids all decided it was worth it for her dad to come. Sooner or later we arrived in Philadelphia, now all bonded on our newfound hatred of buses, and our plans on how to get our refunds.

However, as crappy as my travel was this weekend, that's not what this article is about. As horrible as it all was, I would do it all again (even though I'd prefer not too) to see my best friend. After being separated for two months (the longest time since 5th grade!!), being able to see her in a city she loves made it all the more so worth it. After finally being exposed to the rain, her new friends, Uber drives, and interesting people of Duquesne, she's talked so much about it doubled any disdain I had for the trip with happiness. Now I may not be rushing (pun intended) to Pittsburgh anytime soon on a Greyhound, I CANNOT wait to be exposed to the city she and I both love.