10 Things You Know To Be True If You Grew Up In Georgia

"We're glad Georgia's on your mind!"

315

Whether you're from Atlanta or a small town in the middle of south or north Georgia, you can relate to these ten things that define what it means to be from Georgia. While some of these seem a bit ridiculous to fathom, I can assure you 100% that these are all true. Here are ten things you know to be true if you grew up in Georgia!

1. The saying "Bless your heart" is not a sweet saying

Never say "bless your heart" to anyone if you are trying to be nice to them. This saying is notorious for being passive aggressive and condescending and I don't recommend saying it to any Georgian.

2. Atlanta is not like the rest of Georgia

Atlanta is a completely different world compared to the rest of Georgia. The people and the lifestyle is completely different. Want an upscale rich and lavish lifestyle? Well then move to Atlanta.

3. People like to stare, it's annoying

One thing you have to get used to if you grew up in Georgia is people LOVE to stare and it quite possibly the most annoying thing ever.

4. The state shuts down as soon as they see one snowflake

Snow is Georgia is quite possibly the hardest thing to deal with because people don't know how to act. When I say people I mean the entire state. Its practically a state emergency if we get an inch of snow but at least the schools will be out for an entire week!

5. Traffic sucks, please stop moving here

You NEVER leave your house between the hours of 3:00 to 7:00 because it's not safe. Too many people and too much traffic. Please stop moving here!!!

6. The Bulls Dawgs vs. The Yellow Jackets is a BIG deal

Don't get caught in an argument between a Dawgs and a Jackets fan on the topic of who deserved to win and who did win the recent game. Also, don't get caught in Atlanta the day of the game because you might as well just stay until midnight that night cause you won't be getting through any time soon.

7. Coca-Cola over Pepsi any day

Picture this, going to a nice restaurant in Georgia with your family. The waiter comes by to get your drink orders and you order a coke. The waiter then responds, "Is Pepsi ok?" UM DOES THAT SOUND OK???? Pepsi is never ok, its the south, the birthplace of Coke, let's get it together.

8. You tell people your from Atlanta when you go out of town

Griffin and Fayetteville don't exist in the minds of non Georgians and therefore we are always just from Atlanta.

9. Every school trip includes a trip to the Varsity

Whether you're going to see the Aquarium or Fernbank or the High Museum of Art, you bet your dollar that the school bus will make a pit stop at the Varsity.

10. Stores don't have carts, they have buggies

You go to Target with your mom and as your walking in she tells you to "grab a buggie" and you immediately go grab the red push cart because they are always called buggies!