The Greatest Christmas Songs

14 Classic And New Age Christmas Songs That You Aren't Totally Sick Of Hearing

Most are about embracing the time together.

44
Jessica Fisher

It's Christmas Eve, the best day of the year to listen to nothing but Christmas music. It's the only day of the year that people who are obsessed with holiday music have an excuse to listen to it all day. The music that can make anyone's day, let alone Christmas Eve better.

This list of great Christmas music has a mix of old and new songs. From the original version to more contemporary versions of the songs. It is the best songs to listen to on Christmas Eve are all right here.

1. "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by Celine Dion

Celine Dion's version of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" is my one of my favorite. Celine's vocals on the song is amazing and helps to deliver the powerful message of the song.

2. "You Make Me Feel So Young" by Frank Sinatra

This song is not actually a Christmas song, but growing up I always heard it at Christmas time. Since my childhood I've always listened to this song at Christmas time. It bring back memories of skating in the park and holiday movies.

3. "Shake Up Christmas" by Train

It is a fun upbeat song to listen to at Christmas. It has an interesting approach to telling people to put the past aside and come together for the holidays.

4. "My Favorite Things" by Kelly Clarkson

"My Favorite Things" is one those songs that you learn as a kid. I remember learning the song for a Christmas recital when I was in Elementary school. I love the Kelly Clarkson version of the song because she has an amazing voice.

5. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Pentatonix

Pentatonix are legends and royalty of Christmas music. It seems like they put out the best Christmas music every year. Of course we all know the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". It is one of the first songs we learn as children.

6. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Christina Aguilera

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is one of the most icon songs at Christmas time. Christina Aguilera's amazing vocals will have you almost in tears.

7. "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt

Eartha Kitt's original version of Santa Baby is one of my favorite holiday stars. It is a cute song about gifts that all women dream getting at Christmas.

8. "Glow" by Brett Eldredge

Brett Eldredge's song Glow has a classic and timeless feel to the song. It reminds us of what songs from the 70s and 80s sound like. It does a good job of bridging together different eras into one song.

9. "Christmas Lights" by Coldplay

Christmas Lights is a ballard that's about someone dealing with the lost of person or even a relationship.

10. "Christmas Makes Me Cry" by Kacey Musgraves

Christmas Makes Me Cry is a song about someone who can't make it back home for the holidays. Kacey Musgraves vocals on this song are perfect for conveying the message.

11. "Wrapped in Red" by Kelly Clarkson

Wrapped in Red is an original Christmas song that Kelly Clarkson wrote. It is about finding love this holiday season and risking everything for something new.

12. "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby

White Christmas is an icon Christmas song. The song to popularity because of the movie White Christmas that came out in the 1950s. There are many versions of this song and most that are amazingly done, but nothing holds to the original song.

13. "Santa Tell Me" by Ariana Grande

Santa Tell Me is a original song by Ariana Grande. It is a fun and upbeat pop Christmas song to get you in the season.

14. "Joy To The World" by Train

Joy To The World is an iconic holiday song. It is sung in most churches at Christmas time. It is the song that signifies that the Christmas season has begun. The Train version is no different than any other version, it helps to mark the holiday season.

Chrismas is the time of the year to reflect on the past year. It is also a season of rebirth and growth. It is the time of the year to stop and think of all the great things that have happened to you. A time to set aside old things and embrace the new that is to come. It is a chance for us to rejoice and embrace the change that is coming in the new year.

The Christmas season helps us to slow down and embrace one another. It is no different for the songs on this list. Most are about embracing the time together. That is what the season is all about.

Happy Holidays! And Merry Christmas!