12 Great TV Father/Daughter Pairs

12 Great TV Father/Daughter Pairs That Will Make You Want To Call Your Dad ASAP

Who doesn't love a good bond between father and daughter?

3811
YouTube

There are plenty of good family shows in the world, and most of them portray a close father and daughter. Here are some examples of some of the best ones!

Jed & Elly May Clampett From "The Beverly Hillbillies"

YouTube

"Elly May, ain't nobody can tell you how pretty you really are except me. You’re the livin’ picture of your ma.”

Come on- who can forget that sweet moment?

Whether his daughter is wearing dresses or blue jeans, Jed makes it known that his tomboyish daughter means the world to him and won't let anything happen to her.

Frank & Erin Reagan From "Blue Bloods"

YouTube

Police Commissioner Frank Reagan may butt heads with his district attorney daughter from time to time, but one thing for sure is that his only daughter will always be daddy's girl, and he's always got her back.

Christy Plunkett & Alvin Biletnikoff From "Mom"

YouTube

They may not meet until Christy is all grown up (where Christy declares he's the reason she's short, and where Alvin declares that she's got his temper), but once they bond, they become very close.

Cliff Huxtable and His Four Girls From "The Cosby Show"

Whether his kids are in trouble or need someone to talk to, Cliff will always be the silly daddy to his four girls (and their brother, Theo).

Danny Tanner and His Three Girls From "Full House"

Danny may seem strict at times, but he's fair, and it's all because he loves his girls- DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle- very much. They can always count on him to help out with their problems with school or friends.

Ray and Ally From "Everybody Loves Raymond"

YouTube

Ray may be a lazy husband and father (and sometimes very stupid) but also silly and lovable- which is what makes him a great dad!

Archie and Gloria From "All in the Family"

YouTube

Archie may be mean-spirited, but he cares for his family including his grown- up daughter, Gloria (even if he doesn't approve of her husband).

Briscoe and Charlene Darling from "The Andy Griffith Show"

YouTube

"You look just like your ma..."

Who could forget the way Briscoe looked at his only daughter in a wedding dress? Even though the musical family, the Darlings are only recurring characters on "The Andy Griffith Show", you can tell Briscoe is protective of Charlene, wants what's best for her, and loves watching her sing (even if the song makes him cry).

Charles and Laura Ingalls From "Little House on a Prairie"

YouTube

Full of wisdom and good stories, Charles Ingalls has a very close relationship with his children (especially his little "half-pint", Laura).

John Walton and His Girls From "The Waltons"

John Walton has a big heart and lots of love and wisdom for all his kids.

Coach Hayden Fox and Kelly From "Coach"

YouTube

Hayden hasn't seen Kelly since she was about two years old, so he's still new to the "dad thing". He makes mistakes at times (as every dad does), but he loves his daughter, and always looks out for her.

Gomez and Wednesday

From everyone's favorite unusual family, Gomez teaches his little attila all sorts of things- including fencing!

All of these dads may have their flaws, but they all have one thing in common: all of them have daughters who are loved- and that is the most important thing of all. But no matter how old their girls get, each of them will always be "Daddy's little girl."