All That Is Great Isn't Good

All That Is Great Isn't Good

A look at the princle of Common Good which is now Uncommon Good

8
All That Is Great Isn't Good
pbs.twimg

The principle of the Common Good is defined as what is good for the society as a whole. But does that actually mean that it is great for all of society? Actually no. And not since Trump took over.

America was built by immigrants from all areas and people who have many different backgrounds that all had one thing in common: they were on the outsides of society.

And however they got here they got here. And they got here to change America and make it great. So why do so many people not benefit from this?

Just think of the people who do not benefit from the Common Good of society. Well what groups make up this Common Good and what groups don't make up this Common Good?

The groups that don't make up the Common Good are minority groups such as People of Color, LGBT, Muslims, and basically everyone who doesn't fit into the majority of the society. It is amazing that the concept of the majority of the society hasn't changed much since the beginning of America. The majority of society is still straight, White American men. And even though minority groups have gained some ground it isn't enough especially not now.

We all know that Trump has demanded an executive order to ban immigrants, he wants to build a wall, and now from a leaked order he is trying to derail rights for LGBT Americans and, apparently unmarried women. With a little bit more than half of the people in America being women it is ridiculous to think that their rights are being derailed. But also it is ridiculous to derail rights from other minority groups.

Even though I am not a Person of Color or an immigrant I know a lot of people who are and I have cousins who are mixed race (half black and half white) I want people to have their rights.

However I am an unmarried, not straight but not wanting to label women who is now very afraid to actually say that I'm not straight because I see it as a sign of weakness. I guess I kind of hate it that I am not straight but that can change. I think that it is a circumstance of where I grew up which was in a conservative town, but I'll get there. I'll date who I want to date and I'll love who I want to love. But no I will not wave a flag in surrender because I will not let my rights get taken away.

So guess what the Common Good isn't the Common Good is it?

To those that are "majority" yes it is but to those that are "minority" it is not. And guess what the majority is becoming the minority so the Common Good is really the Uncommon Good.

Ironic and ridiculous no?

Just think about it.

For closing ponder this

Happiness for an individual is more often lost for the collective happiness of the society. Even though it is not fair or sometimes even evident we risk who we are for society. We risk who we are for the Common Good of the society but society never risks who it is for the common good of the individuals. Why?