The Best 3 Films You Will Ever Watch

The Best 3 Films You Will Ever Watch

No, I really mean it.

21
The Best 3 Films You Will Ever Watch

I am by no means a licensed film critic, however, I can tell you I have excellent taste with films. I have loved the art of film since I was very young. In my twenty-six years of life, I have narrowed down my personal top three favorite movies. This has been challenging considering all I do in my free time is explore new films to watch and read famous film critics reviews.

So, take this list with the true honesty that it is. These films have touched my heart and make such an impact that I am willing to recommend them publicly. Side note: These are not in any particular order.

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel

Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel is narrated by Mr. Zero Moustafa, the owner of a once thriving hotel. He tells his story of how he acquired the hotel and his once superior's journey of proving his innocence from a crime he never committed. Now, obviously the plot is more complex than I'm letting on, however, I don't want to release spoilers. This film will leave you dangling to the extent that you're desperate to see the fate of young Zero and his superior and head concierge, M. Gustave. This film will make you laugh until you cry, and the aesthetics are breathtaking. It leaves you with a life lesson of remembering short-lived love and friendships that we should learn to never take for granted.

2. Citizen Kane

I'm sure most of you have heard of this film, but if you're like me you couldn't match a film to the name. I'd heard of Citizen Kane being one of the best films of all time. I'm a rebel and avoid the film just because I was terrified I'd be disappointed because of all the hype. However, when I took a film class my sophomore year Orson Welles' film Citizen Kane was on the syllabus. The film opens up with Charles Foster Kane and his dying last word, "Rosebud". A reporter is desperate to decipher the message, and the film guides you through the journey of Kane's life. When seeing Kane came from nothing and still managed to have a thriving life, why he died alone and unhappy was left a mystery. This film left me in complete awe, and I finally understood why the film had such a great reputation.

3. The Great Gatsby

This film does F. Scott Fitzgerald's book complete justice. This story has been analyzed by literary critics for nearly one hundred years and is a consistent topic in high school classrooms. Directed by Baz Luhrmann, this film opens will mentally ill Nick Carraway's confession of how he met his famous neighbor Jay Gatsby. The film flashes back in time before Carraway becomes ill and tells the story of Gatsby. Gatsby has a scheme of events for Carraway to fulfill and in doing so the two begin to share an unyielding friendship. This film leaves a gut-wrenching injustice and yet you cannot look away.