Great, Easy Recipes For Every College Student

Enjoy these great recipes!

16

Eating out is bad for you and will eventually get very expensive. Whether you enjoy spending time cooking in the kitchen or not, these recipes are easy and delicious. No matter what sort of kitchen you have, large or small, these recipes are easy and simple for any college student.

One-Pot Chicken Alfredo

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. olive oil

2 chicken breasts

3 cloves minced garlic

14 oz chicken broth

1 cup heavy cream

½ lb uncooked penne pasta

1 ½ cups grated Parmesan

Directions:

1. In a pot heat oil and brown the chicken.

2. Add garlic and sauté for about one minute.

3. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and pasta then bring to a boil.

4. Cover pot and reduce to a simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.

5. Turn off heat and stir in Parmesan.

6. Enjoy!

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

2 lbs sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into little pieces – too softer quicker)

4 tbsp. unsalted butter

2 tbsp. heavy cream

½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. sugar

Directions:

1. Combine butter, cream, salt, sugar, and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan.

2. Cook, covered with a lid, over low heat for 30 – 45 minutes.

3. Sir occasionally.

4. Pull/mash potatoes with two forks until desired texture is achieved.

5. If desired, add cinnamon and more brown sugar, then stir in.

6. Enjoy!

Easy Meatballs:

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs ground beef

½ cup grated Parmesan

¼ cup chopped parsley

1 egg, lightly beaten

2 cloves minced garlic

1 ½ tsp. salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

3. Mix together with hands until well blended.

4. Roll into balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

5. Bake in oven for 30 – 45 minutes until cooked through.

6. Enjoy!

Note:

Cook some pasta and add some marinara sauce for a great spaghetti meal.

Dutch Oven Apple Cobbler:

Ingredients:

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

1 ½ tbsp. brown sugar

4+ (1 lb) skinned and sliced apples

1 ½ boxes of white or yellow cake mix

1 ½ sticks melted butter

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Pour vegetable oil into Dutch oven and use a paper towel to rub the oil all over the bottom and sides.

3. Place the sliced apples in a large bowl.

4. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and brown sugar.

5. Stir/mix until coated evenly.

6. Put apples into Dutch oven.

7. Sprinkles cake mix evenly over apples.

8. Pour melted butter over cake mix.

9. Place lid on Dutch oven and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.

10. Enjoy!

As long as you have either a stove or an oven, all of these recipes are easy to achieve. As a college student, that is a must. These recipes are all absolutely delicious, and great to share with others. Go to the grocery store, hit the kitchen, get cooking, and enjoy!