Why I'm Grateful For My Guy Friends

Why I'm Grateful For My Guy Friends

73
Why I'm Grateful For My Guy Friends

I’m grateful that you give me the code to your room and don’t kick me out even when I definitely overstayed my welcome. I tell you story after story and you pretend you’re listening and don’t tell me to shut up, which I appreciate.

I’m grateful that you don’t judge my athletic abilities too much. I’m sorry I struck out three times in the intramural softball championship. Please let me be back on the team next year.

I’m grateful for your brutal honesty. When I ask for your advice about a decision you give me the most logical and straightforward answer when I only saw the emotional one. “If you don’t want to go to a party, don’t go. It’s not that hard.” (Eye roll.)

You always keep me grounded and make sure that I know that the world is not ending. You reassure me that everything I’m worried about will probably blow over by tomorrow. And even though I hate you for it in the moment, I know you’re right.

I’m grateful that you are always willing to be my date to a function, no matter how last minute I ask you. And grateful that you dance with me all night and hold my heels once my feet start to hurt.

I’m grateful for the bro' night invites. Even though I don’t say yes as often as I should, I’m honored that you’d want me to join you to see action movies and eat fattening food. I like hanging out with you guys too.

I’m grateful that we both mutually understand that we are in the friend zone, and never leaving it. There are never any question marks about that. We have come to an unsaid understanding that no one would ever do anything to jeopardize our friend group. My boyfriend and I both appreciate it.

I’m grateful that you’re all my go-to. I know I can knock on your door at midnight and nine times out of ten you’ll say yes to anything I propose we do. Whether that be you helping me with my Econ homework or shotgunning a beer just because, I’m glad you are incapable of saying no.

I’m grateful that you assume I can speak for the entire girl species and therefore come to me about girl advice. Even though I unfortunately don’t have all the answers, I do love to hear about the latest love interests in your life and see your cheeks turn bright red. I’m sure the girl appreciates some editing by one of her own too.

Most importantly, I’m grateful that you can always make me laugh. No situation is ever to serious to make an inappropriate joke. That’s a talent that I’m surprised you haven’t put on your resume yet. Even though I know you’ll make fun of me for writing this and being sappy I know somewhere very, very deep down you feel the same way. Much love, friends.