To The Grandparents I Didn't Have Much Time With, Thank You

To The Grandparents I Didn't Have Much Time With

Everything I do, I do for you.

488

To my late grandparents,

Hi. I'd like to start off by introducing myself. I'm your last-born grandchild.

You might not remember me because, even though we met, you were both very ill.

I was young for these encounters, so I don't have much memory of them either, which I think is great because I get to see the lively image that everyone else paints of you two, not the spiritless people you were in your last years.

I would first like to say thank you. Although you guys weren't here in person to cheer me on, your memory is one of the reasons I do good and strive for success every day.

I hear all the time that you both would be proud of me if you were here today, but I really wanted that to rain true, so with every action, I thought of you.

Living life in your names has really pushed me to be a great person. Without you, I probably wouldn't be where I am today, happy and thriving.

Wherever you guys are now, I hope that my efforts to make you truly proud have worked, but I won't ever stop.

Not only should I thank you guys for driving my success and Good Samaritan attitude, but I should also thank you for driving my passions.

Because of you, I took up hobbies that I knew you liked, some of which I still love and do today. Not only did I want to make you both proud of me, but I also wanted to feel like I could connect with you even though you were gone.

Each time I hear "Grandma and Grandpa would love this," I become filled with so much joy because we were able to do something together, even though you feel lightyears away.

Not only did you guys have a huge part in making me who I am today, you created a one of a kind family.

You are the reason we say "I love you" whenever someone leaves, have family get-togethers, and celebrate all milestones, even the small ones.

The family you left behind is one that I am SO honored to be a part of. Although your passing wasn't something any of us wanted, it only made our family stronger and more closely knit.

If there's one thing I want you both to know, it's that we love each other in your memory every day.

So thank you mamal and papal for the wonderful memories you left behind and all of the great life you have created unknowingly.

You are not only great people, but you're also great grandparents.

You were somehow able to influence my life greatly, even without being here, and I think that's pretty wonderful.

I love and miss you always,

Your Granddaughter