A 2019 Grammys Recap

A 2019 Grammys Recap

The highlights of the night, some winners, and the amazing opening.

17
c1.staticflickr.com

This past weekend the most famous music awards show of the year was held, The Grammy's. Some highlights of the show were Alicia Keys hosting, a performance by Dolly Parton along with some other powerful women, Lady Gaga winning for her title Shallow, and the tribute to Aretha Franklin.

An overall great show with some amazing winners, such as Childish Gambino who won two awards, one for record of the year and another for song of the year. Golden Hour took a home best album of the year and Dua Lipa won best new artist. Lady Gaga was awarded both Best Solo Pop Performance and Best Pop Duo with her partner Bradley Cooper.

To top off all of these highlights and well-deserved wins, the strong team of women that took the stage at the beginning of the night, stole the show. A powerful group including Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Jada Pinkett Smith, Lady Gaga, and Michelle Obama started the show off on an amazing note. All together these women discussed the power of music and the effects that it had on their lives growing up, no matter where they came from.

Michelle Obama stated that "Whether we like country or rap or rock, music helps us share ourselves, our dignity and sorrows, our hopes and joys. It allows us to hear one another, to invite each other in," and her words were able to unite the audience from the start of the show.

This group of women who all came from different places and who were all able to use music in different ways to help them cope, and eventually led to their success truly relayed the message of why we have the Grammys and why we place such a high value on music in our society.