An Open Letter To My Graduating Class

An Open Letter To My Graduating Class

It's that time.

521
An Open Letter To My Graduating Class
Storify

To my graduating class,

The past thirteen years have been a haze. We have all hated each other, and we have all loved each other. We laughed, we cried, and now it is time to say our goodbyes. Every single one of you have personally touched my life in ways I can never explain, but I will never forget. I will never forget the Friday night football games, prom, senior ball, and much more.

We are a family, and we have grown together. We walked into high school as children, and we are leaving as adults. We are all going in many different yet amazing directions to write the rest of our stories. We are all the future, and the future is now. We are all going to change the world in our own special ways.

No matter how different we all may be, we will always have one thing in common: High school. We will hold that dreadful, yet special place in our hearts for the rest of our lives. We could not wait for high school to be over, but now that it is here I wish time would slow down. Through all the drama, heart break, and scandal, I would never trade my school for the world. Those four walls shaped me as a person, and so did every single one of you.

This is not goodbye, this is I will see you later. I will see you later when you become doctors, teachers, nurses, contractors, chefs, police officers, politicians, singers, athletes, dancers, and more. You are all capable of anything, and I hope you all follow and achieve your dreams. The sky is the limit with us, we are unstoppable.

To my teachers, thank you for guiding me through these four years. You are all super heroes, and have saved us all from failure. Besides the academic lessons you have taught us, you have taught us important life lessons we will never forget. You have been the second set of parents we never thought we would want or need, but we thank you for being there.

Life will not be the same without the people I have met in high school, but I know my life has only begun. One day when I'm old and gray I will think about my graduating class, and I will remember every single one of you. You are all irreplaceable, you are all my family.

Thank you for the past four years, I can't wait to see what life has in store for all of us.

Sincerely,

an old friend.