To My Childhood Bestfriend

To My Childhood Bestfriend

Even though we are two hours away from each other for most of the year, and both of us have different lives, you and I will forever remain close.

52
To My Childhood Bestfriend
Hannah Plummer

Dear Friend,

When we met in the first grade, I fell down and hurt myself, and you were the first one there trying to help me. When we met, I didn’t know that our friendship would continue to grow for fourteen years (and counting).

When you moved away, right before the start of middle school, it was hard on both of us. In reality, you didn’t move that far away, but to an 11-year-old, 45 minutes feels like an eternity. We did our best to keep in touch, and to see each other as much as we could. Unfortunately, neither of us realized how hard this would be, and we have kind of fallen out of touch.

Even now, I still tell you everything when I can, even if it’s a couple of weeks after it happened. You still sit and listen to me through everything, and I know that’s hard because I talk so much.

We’ve had our ups and downs, but you have been there with me through everything, and I am very grateful for that. When my grandma died, you offered me all of the love and support you could give, and for that I can’t thank you enough. Your kind words helped me more than you could know.

It has been eight months since I have seen you last, and that’s a long time to go without being able to talk to you in person.

We have had some pretty crazy adventures in the last fourteen years, like the time I took you to a Twenty One Pilots concert, even though you didn’t know who they were, or the time when the straw from my drink disappeared and flew out of the car window.

My parents and I recently re-did my bedroom, and as I was looking through boxes of things we found in my closet, I found notes, promises, and pictures that we made for each other in our elementary school years.

I miss you oh-so much, and I’m hoping to see you sometime in the very near future. I can’t wait to tell you everything that’s happened in the last eight months, and I can’t wait to hear everything that has happened to you. I can’t wait to make more memories with you, and I can’t wait to go on every adventure possible.

Even though we are two hours away from each other for most of the year, and both of us have different lives, you and I will forever remain close. No matter what happens, or how things play out in our future, we will figure out some way to stay connected.

Love,

Hannah