To The One Who Hasn't Heard The Gospel

To The One Who Hasn't Heard The Gospel

John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

664
To The One Who Hasn't Heard The Gospel
Jon Tyson

How can it be? How can we live in a world with such beautiful sunrises, nature, and people, yet experience the depths of evil that are expressed through school shootings, suicides, and terminal illnesses? Truly I tell you that we live in a world that boasts the perfection of God’s creation, but has been entrapped by sin. Sin is any thought or action that separates us from the perfection that God created us for.

Sin began when Adam and Eve, who were created by God to live in perfect unity with Him, chose to eat fruit from the tree of good and evil, the one tree God commanded them to not eat from. God had previously told Adam and Eve that the result of this sin was death, to which all of humanity would now be subject to for generations.

This one sin led to the sins that we witness or experience daily. Some appear as meager as telling a lie, while others appear as severe as murder. Regardless, every sin causes us to fall short of the glory of God, destroying our eternal relationship with Him.

For millenniums, humanity was subject to the wrath of God unless they had been temporarily washed clean through the living sacrifices of animals. People longed for a permanent reconnection with God, but this could not be fulfilled by the power of man alone. Mankind needed a savior, so God sent His one and only Son, Jesus to Earth to wash away our sins, and restore our relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Jesus was sent to Earth in the form of a human baby. Jesus was fully God, yet also fully man. Because of this, Jesus was subject to all of the same hardships, struggles, and temptations that other people on Earth experience daily. Jesus lived a life in perfect harmony with the will of God, never sinning, and was eventually murdered on a cross for the all of our sins.

After being crucified, Jesus’ body was buried within a tomb, where he laid dead for two days. But on the third day, the tomb was found open and empty, and Jesus had resurrected from the dead! His resurrection validated the truth that He was and is the Son of God. After resurrection, Jesus ascended into Heaven where he would sit at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus fully restored our relationship with God. His death paid for our sins and His resurrection allows us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven through the repentance of our sins and the profession of our faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

Now, we all have the opportunity to experience the free gift that is eternal salvation in Heaven through Jesus Christ. And our relationship with Jesus begins not in Heaven, but here on Earth. We all have the opportunity to experience a relationship with Jesus here on Earth through worship, prayer, and reading God’s word in the Bible.

If you have never experienced this for yourself, I highly encourage you to make the decision to follow Jesus. Not only will it be the best decision you’ve ever made, but it will be the decision that changes the trajectory of how you will ultimately spend your eternity. Choose a life with Jesus, today.

If you feel led to follow Jesus after reading this article, please feel free to contact someone you know who is already following Jesus, a local pastor, or message me through Facebook or any of my other social media platforms. I would love to follow up with you, and want nothing more than for you to start your journey with Jesus Christ as soon and as well as possible. Take care, and God bless you.