Graduating From UConn

An Open Goodbye Letter To UConn

I am feeling a whole mix of emotions

216

Dear UConn,

It's been real. You have flipped my life upside down at times, but you have given me the resources to get through it. You have introduced me to some pretty great friends that I know will last a lifetime. I have learned so much about myself through the struggles that you have presented me with and I have grown a lot because of it. So for that, I am forever grateful.

You have given me a lot of memorable moments. I will never forget the time my room flooded freshman year or the time I saw some sort of cult ceremony happen on the seal outside of the library. I will never forget that I found my second family in Alima and RUF. I will never forget some of the awful dining hall food, but also some of the best food in Storrs center. I will never forget the time I got an A physics but learned absolutely nothing. I will never forget my first (and last) frat party. I will never forget the time my friend and I accidentally joined the Slutwalk but was very glad I did. I will never forget the time I spilled aspirin on my lab partner (sorry Sanjay). I will never forget the time I thought the Red Hot Chili Peppers were coming to Jorgensen only to realize it was the Red Hot Chili Pipers. I will never forget the time John Mulaney came here and I've never laughed so hard. I will never forget the time I got my first parking ticket. I will never forget the time I watched Deadpool on the lawn in front of the Union. And I will never forget my first snow storm on campus. There are so many more things that I could add but then I would just be doing a play by play of my time here.

There are a lot of great memories here and I am going to miss you a lot. I am going to miss the friends that I have made and all of the wonderful people I have met. I am going to miss some of the greatest professors I have ever met. But most of all, I am going to miss seeing Jonathon randomly on campus. He's so cute!

As I go off to grad school and pursue what God has planned for me, I will remember everything that I have learned and experienced here. UConn will always have a place in my heart. I am a student today, but a Husky forever.

Thanks for the memories

Love always,

Emily