My Thankyou To Odyssey

My Thankyou To Odyssey

Saying goodbye to being president of the Millennials of New Jersey is so bittersweet.

29
My Thankyou To Odyssey

Writing has always been something that makes me feel free. Since I was young, I loved writing and illustrating my own stories. I loved creating my own endings and painting a picture of what I wanted life within that story to look like.

In November of 2017, I sent in an application to write for the Millennials of New Jersey Odyssey community on a whim. The editor in chief, Kristin, got back to me quickly and set up an interview. I wrote weekly from then until May of 2018. I was then selected to take over as president, managing the community, onboarding writers, running social media and more.

Odyssey has been an integral part of bringing me to the place where I am today. I originally entered school as a graphic design major, but after my work with Odyssey, I decided to switch to majoring in journalism.

Odyssey helped me discover what I love and what I am good at: writing, management and administrative work. Then, it allowed me to sharpen those skills in a position of leadership.

Most importantly, Odyssey gave me the chance to work with some of the most talented creatives I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

To my Millennials of New Jersey team, it has been an honor to lead you and work with you. Your work has always been so appreciated. I want you to know that you are seen and what you write is important. You deserve to be heard, so continue to write loudly.

I am moving forward into a new chapter of life where I can continue building my skills as a writer and editor through internships and entry-level jobs. My goodbye to Odyssey is bittersweet because I'll miss the community I have found here, but I know Odyssey has given me everything I need to step into a new season.

As I've always said at the end of my weekly team emails, happy writing! Never stop writing, and keep working hard to put out the best content you can.

Xo, Grace