5 Good Things That Have Happened This Week

1. Customer Left $2,500 Tip for Restaurant Staffers Before They Closed

The Coaches Bar and Grill in Columbus, Ohio was just about to close on Sunday after Gov. Mike DeWine ordered all restaurants and bars close early as a way to limit potential infections. This also meant that many of the staff workers were losing their wages amidst the pandemic. One customer, a middle-aged man who insisted on remaining anonymous, left a $2,500 tip on a bill totaling just $29.75 He also asked for the tip to be divided equally among the restaurant's five servers.

2. A Corner Store Owner Gave Away More Than $6,000 in Free Goods To Seniors Preparing For Quarantines

In Scotland, a small convenience store gave away thousands of dollars in free toilet paper, antibacterial handwash, tissues, and anti-inflammatories to seniors who were staying home during the COVID-19 outbreak. Those who were older than 65 could come into the store in Drylaw, Edinburgh or have kits delivered to their house for free. The owner, Zahid Iqbal, said it was a good example for other businesses to help the elderly during the panic-buying craze.

3. Man Celebrates His 67th Anniversary With His Wife Outside Of Her Nursing Home

In Stafford Springs, Connecticut, Bob Shellard stood outside Nancy Shellard's nursing home window. He held a glittery homemade sign that read "I've loved you for 67 years and still do. Happy Anniversary." The Shellards weren't able to celebrate their anniversary together as the Governor signed an order restricting visitation at nursing home facilities. Many have compared Bob Shellard's action to Llyod Dobler who stood outside of Diane Court's window in the 1989 movie "Say Anything"

4. You Can Tour 2,500 World-Famous Museums From Your Own Sofa

If you can't find anything to do while being quarantined, Google has launched a new service allowing people to see their favorite art exhibits all across the world from your own home. Google Arts and Culture has partnered with more than 2,500 museums and galleries around the world to offer virtual tours and online display of their collections.

5. Japanese Students Host Their Own Graduation Ceremony On Minecraft

Japanese schools have officially closed to reduce the spreading of COVID-19, but that hasn't stopped one elementary school boy and his friends from hosting their own online graduation ceremony on Minecraft. The graduation was hosted in an elaborately made auditorium with diplomas, speeches, and even music.