5 Ways Going Your Own Way Will Save You

5 Ways Going Your Own Way Will Save You

I gotta be me.

28
5 Ways Going Your Own Way Will Save You

A lot of life is going places we do not want to go to. Most of the time we spend is doing things we do not want to do. You plan for the trip, but somehow get lost along the way. A sassy, highbrow-sounding GPS does not always tell you the best way to get there. You ask for directions and still find yourself at a crossroad. Finding the right directions can take some time. But going your own way can make the journey worth taking in the first place.

1. You Don't Need Permission.

live.staticflickr.com

What better example than the flies in buttermilk, The Beatles. As long as your dreams are legal (fuck the thought police!) and you are having consensual sex (drugs and rock n' roll get a pass for now), you do not need permission to pursue them. Doing the one thing you love and turning that love into a labor of love is the dream. No one can take away who you are. No one can take away your talent, skill, or effort. You roll with the punches, you lay down the doubts and fears, to see your vision realized. The first step may be the hardest or even the longest, but it does not compare to where you are going to be. Make the change that is necessary. Leave your waiting room and keep that appointment with yourself.

2. You Are The Advantage.

People do not realize how much work goes into being your best. They will witness an athlete's great game, but would never think of the countless hours spent on an open field or court. Work takes patience and there is no substitute for hard work. All the advantages we see in this world as opportunities are possible because of you. You have a purpose which makes you an advantage. There is no magic rule book that will tell you exactly how your life will pan out. The great thing about rules is that they are like vases. Formed with careful eyes, but able to fall and shatter. Once they break, you can build better ones. And you do not need to be Captain America or fight Nazis to do it. Although, doing the latter never hurts, except Nazis.

3. You Have Many Paths.

www.fondsecran.eu

Life is not singular, it is plural. A timeline will tell you history was one big moment, but it never was. Every day we have a series of moments that blend into mundane monotony. After a while, you get tired of staring at the same cluttered mess you call a home staring back at you. You get tired of being comfortable with sameness. You get tired of not having responsibilities. Change is a catalyst and your confidant. Let it bring meaning into your walk of life. And don't always walk, run, crawl, and do whatever you can to keep moving onward. The steps you take are only filled by your own feet.

4. Struggle Makes You Stronger.

Motty924

The innate truth people share is struggle. No matter the degree, struggle meets us with what looks like impediments. You feel like you cannot do this because of that and you start to accept that struggle is here to stay. Instead of looking at impediments, you see challenges. If a door does not open for you, try again. If it still does not open for you, try the back door, the side door, every door until the knobs know your handshake. The perk of being ingenious is using the resources you have to get to the resources you do not have yet. Stay on target, even when you miss.

5. Follow Your Heart, Lead With Your Mind.

live.staticflickr.com

Uncertainty is overwhelming sometimes. You seek advice close to home and in the professional world, but both can create mixed messages. In your heart of hearts, you know how you feel. Think twice, think again, think some more, and when you are good and ready, remember three things. Go to your needs, but tend to your cares, don't be afraid to change directions, and chase after yourself.

There is no other way like you.