Going Back to School as Told by Gilmore Girls

Lots of coffee, lots of studying, and lots of Netflix.

509
The Hollywood Reporter

Now that college is back in session, I think I speak for everyone when I say that I am definitely having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Seeing family, celebrating holidays, and spending every day watching Netflix is now a thing of the past. However, I like to think of ways of mixing my love of Netflix and school.

1. Saying goodbye to your family

Only college kids who live on campus can relate to this. Leaving the comfort of your home and an actual meal every night can be one of the toughest parts of college.

2. Unpacking

"It feels like just yesterday I was packing all of this stuff to take it home. Why didn't it feel like this much stuff? Oh, God, where am I going to put everything? I don't have enough room for all of this! I think I'll just take a nap instead..."

3. Seeing your roommate(s)/friends again

Again, not everyone can relate to loving their roommates, but for those who are lucky, reuniting is exciting. If you're not your roommate's biggest fan, then seeing some friends you met from classes or living on the same floor as them is just as fun.

4. Regretting that 8 AM

Having a class so early when all your friends are hanging out late or when you have a long night of studying is the worst.

5. Realizing that you and your roommate(s) know a little too much about each other

When you're living with someone, you see their good and bad side. Whether you're messy, super clean, sleep too much, don't sleep at all, your roommate knows all of your quirks and you know theirs.

6. Feeling independent

Being in college is a lot of people's first taste of freedom. You choose when your classes are, what you do in your free time, when you'll go back to your room, and no one is allowed to tell you what to do. Someone will probably still try to, though.

7. Having no money for food

You think that the whole "broke college student" cliché is funny until you realize it's a legitimate thing that happens. Paying for textbooks and your own school supplies and forget it if you have your own apartment. Let's hope you like ramen!

8. When you're struggling in a class

Sometimes, you just don't click with a professor. Then you're a month in and kicking yourself for not checking Rate My Professor before putting your schedule together.

9. Those days where you just wanna be alone

College can be stressful because you're constantly around people, and you're never guaranteed alone time. Even if you love being around others, it can get exhausting.

10. Whirlwind of feelings

College can feel like the best moments of your life one day, and another you can be on the verge of a mental breakdown.

11. Not getting enough sleep

Between having to cram for tests, doing homework, extra curricular activities, and having a social life, you can count how many hours of sleep you got the past week on one hand.

12. Despite all of the bad, you know you're going to do great

Waking up for class, time management, and many different factors of college life can be stressful and a lot to handle. As long as you do your best, that's all anyone could ask for! Here's to a semester full of Gilmore Girls binging.