Love never fails. God's Love, That Is.

Love never fails. God's Love, That Is.

As humans we fail every day, but God's love never fails.

397
communion
@sacerdotescatolicos Instagram

I personally hate the saying, "love never fails.

So, if it failed it wasn't love." It carries so many negative emotions for people. It leads people to believe that just because things fall through, there wasn't love present. Which is not the case. While yes, there are many relationships that do not have love in them, there are many that are full of love but just meant to be temporary.

We live in a broken world. We as humans are not perfect. Our love for each other is not perfect. Even the best spouse will fail you. Even the best parents will fail you. Even the best friend will fail you. That doesn't mean they don't love you. Love does not equal perfection here on Earth.

His love never fails. His love is unconditional. I was once told something that will stick with me forever: "Nothing you do will make God love you any more or any less than he already does." His love is so vast and unending we as humans cannot compare to it.

If you believe in the gospel, you believe that Jesus was sent to die for us. God loved us so much that he sent his son to suffer a death on the cross so we could spend eternity with Him. Can you imagine the amount of love he must have for us if he did that?

Just because your relationship didn't work out doesn't mean y'all don't or didn't love each other. And just because someone loves you doesn't mean they won't ever fail. As much as we try and want to be like Jesus, we are human. You will fail the people you love.

Now I'm not trying to write this as a pessimistic "love doesn't exist post" more of the opposite actually. Stop thinking that just because you lose friends or significant others, that they didn't love you. Many times people can continue to love one another without being in each other's lives. For example, just because someone dies do you stop loving them? I say no.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails."

I think this scripture is more of a guide on how we should try to love others. When we love others we should be kind and patient. "love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." But we are. As humans, we tangle and twist perfect love. But the goal is to try to create an unconditional love for others. Love like Jesus does.

Even if you feel alone and like you aren't loved by anyone, I promise you are. Whether you believe or not, God loves you. He loves ALL of his children.

No matter how far you stray or how many times you fall he will love you.