Want To Go To Heaven? God Wants You To Go There, Too
Christianity

The question that will change your life.

119

I want to ask you a question that can change your life. In fact, the answer to this question is what determines your entire eternity. As a college student, it can be easy to get caught up in the daily hustle of trying to make it to class on time or studying until midnight that maybe your eternity is the last thing on your mind. You're just trying to survive the right now. The fact is, however, that your eternity is MUCH more important than your right now: your right now is a very small portion of your life, but your eternity, well, that's forever.

A lot of people have it in their heads that being a moral person, going to church on Easter and Christmas, or having a Bible verse in their Instagram bio means they are going to Heaven when they die. In all reality, none of these things is a factor in where you go when you die. There is a man named Jesus Who made a much better and much easier way to get to the pearly gates.

Every single person who is walking this planet right now has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. What this basically means is that God is holy and perfect, and while He gave us the choice to follow His law or not, we made the wrong one. For years, the Jewish people strived to follow the Law: they performed sacrifices to try to cover their sin, but ultimately, these sacrifices would not suffice. There had to be another way.

So, God in all of His glory came to Earth in the person of Jesus. He was born to the Virgin Mary and grew up as a regular human just like you and I. There was one notable difference though: He never sinned, not even once. When the time came, He went to the cross and paid the sin debt for ALL of mankind. The Creator died for His creation: when has that ever happened?

The story has the happiest ending. Jesus rose from the dead three days later, conquering death for all people. Now, He is ascended into Heaven and His people are left with the responsibility of spreading the Gospel or good news. That is what I am doing today in this article.

That way that He made to Heaven was paved by His walk to the cross of Calvary. There is now no need for the sacrifices the Jewish people used to make because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. His death was for every single sin that would ever be committed. So, what is the way to Heaven? You simply admit that you are a sinner, believe Jesus is Who He says He is, and ask Him to forgive you and be the Lord of your life; it is just the act of saying, "Yes!" to Jesus. It really is that simple.

The question is, have you prayed that prayer? Have you ever truly given your life to Christ? It is not how many times you have been to church, whether you own a Bible, or whether you are an overall good person. It is whether or not you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You can be a citizen of Heaven today, you just have to ask. I promise He will deliver on His promise to save you.