What God Has Been Teaching Me

What God Has Been Teaching Me

Things I have been learning and trying to practice in my life within the past few months.

31

God has been teaching me so much the past couple of years since I entered college and especially in the past few months. The first thing is the importance of community. I have always been more of an introvert; however, God has really been challenging me to get out of my comfort zone and into a great community of believers. Whether it's going to a game night or attending Cru here on campus, I have noticed such a difference in my happiness and the deepness of my relationships.

The second thing has been that my life is not meant to look like everyone else's. This may sound obvious but I have found it very easy to get caught up in comparison and allow others' accomplishments to make me question the path that I am on. Therefore, reminding myself that God's plan for me is nothing like anyone else's has been so encouraging.

Thirdly, God has taught me that waiting is difficult but definitely worth it. Specifically, in regards to romantic relationships. I have never dated and seeing my friends get married or start dating guys can make me envious and anxious to enter a relationship as well. However, I know that waiting for the man that God is making ready for me will be worth the wait.

Fourth, perfection is unattainable and that is okay. I am real and most of what is portrayed on social media (what I tend to compare myself to) is not! Real is beautiful. Our flaws make us who we are; I know, cheesy, but truly accurate.

Lastly, being vulnerable is a sign of bravery, not weakness. I tend to forbid myself from sharing personal details and feelings with people except for my closest friends. I usually refrain from sharing such information because I am afraid to be an annoyance to others. I have realized over the past few months that being vulnerable isn't something to be ashamed of, but a beautiful thing.

What has God been teaching you?