The Importance Of God Is So Much More Valuable Than The Importance Of Social Media

Lasting value comes from God, not a social media account.

279

All the time while I am scrolling through my Instagram feed, I see girls and guys post pictures that show them at parties and other social gatherings. When I am heading to work and class on the bus, I always see girls take selfies and I just shake my head. I think "why would a guy care if your hair looks good on a bus?" I genuinely don't understand the reason why girls take many selfies.

I don't understand why many of millennials today place so much of their value on their social media accounts. The truth behind the fun photos on the "gram" and the numerous selfies on Snapchat is a human with a flawed life. A life that is not perfect.

Our lives not being perfect is just the reality of our human status. As long as we are in human bodies, we will never be perfect. So why does our generation place so much importance on social media, something that in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter that much?

We should find our value, our importance and our glory from the Lord.

The Lord is the only person who can give our lives meaning and our lives purpose. We are uniquely designed by God with different gifts given to us by Him. The purpose of a Christian's life is to live out their lives for God. We should use our gifts given to us by God to bring glory to His name.

Now I understand that not everyone is a believer of Jesus Christ. That is okay. God designed us to have free will. A free will to choose whether to serve Him or not. It's a heavy, very personal choice. Not everyone wants to live out their lives for God.

But these people who are not believers are missing out on the love, kindness, joy, mercy, and goodness only the Lord can provide.

To those people, I feel sorry for you and I am praying for you daily. I hope everyone in this world gives their lives over to the Lord. A life serving the Lord is a rewarding life. Nothing can compare to the joy you feel when you give your life over to God. Nothing can compare to the joy you feel when you lead a lost person to Christ.

I hope you can find your hope and your value in Jesus Christ and God.