God Bless The USA, On 9/11 And Every Day Before And After
War Terrorism

If we have learned anything from this day in September, it's that we stand United as a country.

437

I know the beginning to any post on this site would have something to do with "Where were you, when the world stopped spinning on that September day?" I know many will never, ever forget as they watched, shocked, as news channels explained to the country that planes — planes we all so easily board every day — had been overtaken by hijackers.

As a child I would never have imagined the impact that the events we watched and heard would be events that still leave hard memories behind, even now. On September 11th, The United States of America changed, and we became a place of fear and scary thoughts.

However, I do not want to shed light on the horrible men and women who played a part in taking our country's strength from us. I do want to shed light on the amazing men and women who got us through that day. The airplane passengers, the medics and fire departments, the help that millions provided. Let's discuss that. Let's talk about a nation that was so threatening it was the bulls-eye of one of the most awful and hatred acts in our history.

This did not make America weaker. Yes, we had several moments of devastation and it's a day that we give silence to every single year. On September 11, 2001, four planes were taken with the intent of terrorizing our country, to scare us, to make us weaker.

I have news for those terrorists, America was and will always be the greatest country in the world.

We have faced violence, wars, deaths, and things I do not even want to think about. Those things will continue, we can not stop it. This day will be in our history books forever. So, while most of you have no idea where you were when the world stopped turning, me? I was in kindergarten. Where were you? To me, what matters much more than any of this is the lives and memories lost on that September day.

So to those that lost loved ones, we are feeling your pain today.

There are not enough words to describe the emotional pain you must feel when this day comes. That the sudden devastation in our country took someone from you with no warning. On that day, 2,977 innocent people lost their lives, another 6,000 were injured. My heart hurts as I type that. My heart reminds me that this is why so many Americans enlisted in the military. This is why Americans went to war. This is why our country is the way it is now. Why before getting on any airplane, TSA agents pat you down and makes sure you are carrying nothing dangerous. This is why history books have changed to include the most traumatic thing some Americans have seen in their lifetime.

But to those that are hurting, to those who lost loved ones, we send our deepest condolences. We can not imagine the pain your family has gone through. We can not believe that a simple day turned into a complete nightmare. We pray for peace within our nation. We pray for comfort. We pray for those we love who are fighting the battle to keep us, "the land of the free." We pray that nothing will ever occur in our nation like this. We pray to stay united and not divided. We hope to improve. We hope to have peace eventually. We hope that the bond that one night created between Americans never leaves.

God bless the USA. We will remain the greatest country in the United States, and I'll proudly defend our country at any cost.

"The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom." — Rudy Giuliani