Good Gluten Free Snacks
popular

15 Gluten Free Snacks For All My Homies That Can't Eat Bread

Gluten allergies suck, but these foods make it a little bit better

1693

Becoming gluten-free has been one of the biggest shifts in my life, and it couldn't come at a worse time -- right before college.

I struggled and scrambled for the month leading up to move in to find food I could actually eat that wasn't ramen or easy mac. It was difficult in my small hometown, where Target was the only place I could find some snacks. However, now that I'm away for college, I've been exposed to the wonderful worlds of Harris Teeter and Trader Joe's.

Also, the Target near me is a lot more boujee than the one in my hometown.

So, I've had better access to be able to find some amazing gluten-free snacks to share with the celiac/allergy community. Whether you're gluten-free by choice or not, here are some snacks you can chow down on without shame.

1. Cheese

Who doesn't love cheese? I guess if your lactose intolerant, then you probably don't. But if your gluten intolerant then go for it!

2. GoGo Squeeze Applesauce

I don't care who says these are equivalent to baby food, I will still grab one on my way out of the door and suck it down like it's a Capri Sun.

4. Skinny Pop

If you haven't had Skinny Pop yet, go to Target right now. Like click off this article, get in the car, and go to the store. It is so addicting and so good, I can finish a whole bag in a day.

4. Peanuts

Any kind of nuts are a go-to honestly unless you're allergic to those too.... (RIP) but peanuts, cashews, pistachios, almonds, etc. are the best snacks.

5. Pea Pops

I stumbled across these at TJ Maxx, believe it or not. I never paid their food section much attention until I got diagnosed with my allergy, but after I decided to browse around. I figured I'd try these little guys and am in love with them.

6. Annie's Rice Pasta

This stuff tastes EXACTLY like regular easy mac and it's the best thing. I usually spruce mine up with some cheese and milk to make it even better. Definitely a move.

7. Oatmeal

While some oatmeal brands aren't gluten-free, there are plenty of ones that are and make an easy breakfast option. Quaker, Think Thin, and some other organic brands at Target are good options.

8. Annie's Protein Bars

While these aren't the most delicious granola bars known to man, they're sufficient when you're in a hurry and need a quick snack to grab when you're rushing to class.

9. LUNA Protein Bars

NOW THESE ARE GUCCI PROTEIN BARS

I kid you not, these are the best ones. While they are a little pricier, they're so good and gluten-free, so double win, am I right?

10. Fruit Snacks

Also great quick snacks, and who doesn't love fruit snacks??

11. Yogurt

I've eaten more yogurt in the three months since I found out about my allergy than I have my entire life, and honestly, yogurt is great. Whether it be a parfait, Greek, Yoplait, or some other brand, it's still such a great snack.

12. Fresh Fruit

If we're being completely honest, I'd much rather snack on some fresh fruit than candy or chips. Gimme berries, bananas, oranges, melons, and more and I'm a happy camper.

13. Microwave Popcorn

Honestly, this is my guilty pleasure. My #1 go-to is definitely microwave popcorn (Act II is gluten-free!!), and it just makes me feel so much better after a rough day.

14. Doritos 

I recently found out these guys are gluten-free, so when I feel like treating myself to some ~unhealthy~ food, I turn to Doritos.

15. Cheerios

Apparently, Cheerios weren't always gluten-free, but now almost all flavors are. My all-time favorite is apple-cinnamon for sure. Thank god they're gluten-free now because I don't know what I'd do without cereal in my life.

So there you have it, folks. For all my homies out there that suffer from the tragedy of a gluten intolerance, here are some snacks that help me stay sane when I'm offered a burger or pasta. It's so hard to avoid falling into temptations, but you'll thank yourself when you're not sick all over the place an hour or so later. I'm still working on trying to find meals that work for accommodating my allergy, but for now, I got all my favorite snacks in line and I'm living it up without wheat in my diet.

From Your Site Articles