Girly Guide To Homecoming

The 10 Things The Girly Girl Does Homecoming Week

Rivalry Football games, Spirit Weeks, and Dances are what Homecoming Week is all about!

498
Credit: Instagram- Taylor Contarino https://www.instagram.com/p/BaPQTXqHhF4/

The Homecoming Dance is right around the corner for many of us High School students. (College kids- do you still have that?!) While Homecoming Week is one of the most fun weeks of the entire school year for us 9th-12th graders, it can also be the most stressful, especially for your girly girls. This guide will go a little more in depth over what is going through a girls mind during this fun, Fall week, and what she is spending her time doing.

1. She's Going FULL OUT with Spirit Week Outfits!

What day is it? Class Color, Pajama Day, or Decade Day?! Your average HS girly girl has probably had her outfits picked out since she heard the themes for the days. Spirit Week may seem lame to the incoming freshman who is LOSING when it comes to class percentages, but as you grow up through high school, you realize that participating in spirit days- however goofy they may be- may just be some of the most fun and most hilarious moments of our entire high school careers.

2. She's getting her nails done!

It's the Thursday Night before Homecoming. I can guarantee you that at least 50% of the high school female population is at the Nail Salon getting her acrylics. If not acrylics, maybe her eyebrows waxed. All I know is there are some girls out there getting MAJOR glam. Catch your entire Chem Class at Top Nails downtown.

3. She's sending pictures of her to dress to every other girl in school, and vice-versa

Okay so, maybe we haven't talked to Amanda since 1st grade. But when it's one of those locker room moments where everyone is passing around their phones with a Snapchat memory of their dress on them, Amanda and you are super tight again and you boast about how beautiful she looks and how mesmerizing her sparkly bodycon dress is.

4. She is realizing on Monday night that she doesn't know where to go for pictures 

'Pictures' are a thing that a girl just understands when she hears. I know it's pretty self explanatory, but some guys may be confused when they hear, "Where are Pictures at?" So, for my slightly-perhaps-maybe-a little bit-confused boys out there, it's time to clear the air. 'Pictures' are the most important thing to do before the dance. You figure out where you're going, who's house, what friends will be there, and what family members plan to tag along to rejoice in your imminent beauty on Saturday Night. Start saving up some phone storage right now!!!!

5. She's at the local mall searching for last minute HOCO items

Earrings, shoes, purses, false lashes, lipsticks, and Nike Pros are only a couple of things us girls may be stressing over at 7:45 pm on the Tuesday before the Homecoming Dance. She also may be snapping pics of her last year's dress to her friend who thought it would be fine to wait until the last second to get a dress. But hey- at least she has her ticket.

6. She's probably making a poster for the girlfriend of her procrastinating GBF (Guy Best Friend) who doesn't know a Sharpie marker from a glitter pen

Your girl might just have a guy bestie who forgot to ask his girlfriend- or simply doesn't know how to. So, she comes to the rescue, with a cute as ever idea and just the right amount of energy, creativity, and glitter.

7. She's practicing her makeup, or finding ANY location MAC or Sephora to book- because every single time slot at the local mall filled up, like, two months ago  

So, it looks like your girl is doing her own makeup this year. Every time slot filled up at the local mall's makeup counter, like, last week. But hey- we can do our own this year. It's cheaper anyway, and we LOVE how we do our makeup. There's always next year to go all out! And maybe book a little earlier...

8. She's buying her ticket, the last day possible

With all the stress, panic, excitement, and eventfulness that the week has brought, your girl has forgotten to buy herself a ticket. Thankfully, she's got a twenty dollar bill in her backpack with HOCO written all over it.

9. She's sprinting to find the Spirit Stick as the final bell of the day rings

If the Seniors win ONE MORE TIME! But of course, if it's her class of seniors when the time comes, then it's fine. I mean, Seniors deserve it more than anyone, am I right?

10. She's taking it all in 

Homecoming Week doesn't last forever. Neither does High School! Your girl is just casually taking it all in and reminiscing. Although high school can be stressful, and chem is killer, and so is balancing a job, SAT Prep, 5 AP classes, 3 sports, 2 clubs, and a social life- she is enjoying every single second of it. Because after all, we only get this chance to enjoy high school for a mere four years of our lives. We're all doing our best to enjoy these golden years for as long as we can- until the bell rings.

Homecoming Week is an extremely exciting week- it's one that I personally have looked forward to ever since the seventh grade when I found out that there was a special night every year where I could wear a pretty dress and feel like a Princess for a day. Now that I'm in the middle of Homecoming Week in my town, I wanted to take a second to reflect on how happy I am to be apart of everything. High School really is an exciting time of life, and I think we are all learning so much about ourselves and grow into such an amazing generation of people.

Not everyone can relate to the passion that I have surrounding High School in general, but I just hope that a select few of you do. Now- your girl has got to go get her eyebrows threaded and take some lessons on how to dance to Sweet Caroline- because Lord knows that's all the DJ is going to be playing. Happy HOCO!