To The Girl Who Can't Say "No"

To The Girl That Struggles To Say 'No'

There comes a point in your life when you suddenly realize the things you are doing aren't even for yourself.

95
To The Girl That Struggles To Say 'No'

Maybe you're taking classes in a major you have no interest in. Maybe you have a job that makes you sick just thinking about. Maybe you're on a team playing a sport you don't even enjoy.

I can absolutely 100% relate.

Earlier this semester, I was out on a Friday night. Music blasting. Intoxicated people continuously bumping into each other (and me).

Something hit me. I suddenly looked around and thought to myself: This isn't fun.

It was weird, honestly. I love going out with my friends on the weekends. But I've been doing some thinking about it lately and I have come to the conclusion that doing the same shit every weekend gets old.

You can only attend so many frat parties with the same music and same toilet-paper-lacking bathrooms before you're like:

Wait, why?

I probably sound so beat right now, but I know it's what so many of you are thinking. My freshman year, I spent every single weekend at frat houses with my big and other "family" members. I guess you could say by now I'm just over it.

I now spend my time how I want to spend it. Besides my own personal decision, I can definitely attribute this to my best friend, as she has helped me pursue this lifestyle. She doesn't give a shit what anyone says or thinks about her. She inspires me every damn day

Whether that's in my bed watching "All-American" on a Friday night, Sunday brunch with my girls, or at a day-long on a sunny afternoon, I'm doing it for no one but myself.

And I can honestly say it is one of the hardest things I have ever started doing. I have spent too many years of my life trying to please everyone around me that I didn't even realize I was putting my own feelings second.

Your own happiness is a priority. The people who care the most about you will be understanding if you're just not feeling it or need some alone time. Alone time is good for the soul, trust me.

Do more of what makes you happy. And if that means saying no sometimes, fuck it. Your happiness is most important. Be selfish for once.