To The Girl Who Struggled, Your Future Self Is Smiling

Since there are lots of new and exciting things happening in my life, I decided to write a letter to myself In the future. It can be read in a year or maybe two, just have to reflect on everything that's happening up to this point in my life.

22
@nightintale Instagram

Hello Sunshine,

We're currently sitting at the MSC, time is 9:50 am, reflecting on what your life has been this far. You should be studying for O'Chem, writing your Nutrition flashcards, or studying for Nutrition but instead, you've decided to reflect on the path you've taken. Life has been rough. At this time last year, your whole life was flipped upside down. I bet you did not know that it'd be bumpy from then on.

But I'm proud to say that I'm doing better than I was before. I hope that a year or two from now, that attitude continues and you're ultimately happy. People have come into your life this past year, that have made you understand why life is so beautiful and I pray that they're still in your life and you're still as close as you are now.

A year or two from now, you should be working or at least finding your place in the workforce. I hope that you are a Registered Dietician because to get to that point, your girl has struggled. That's always something we've been passionate about, but we never did anything about it because we thought we would end up going into pharmacy.

I also hope that everything is better in your family. Things have been rocky for quite some time, I can't remember the last time there wasn't drama.

I just pray that there are civil attitudes on both sides, or at least, a friendship between your parents. Is that is possible? I mean there's nothing wrong with hoping that's the way things are.

I hope you're not so negative and not as stressed as you typically are. Let me tell you how much I struggle with keeping my composure.

I also hope that you no longer feel like a burden every time you need to ask someone for something or need someone to talk to because you are definitely not that at all. It's been hard to understand that but only time can help. It's funny to think that at this time next year or the following year, you'll be wiser and have more advice for a younger self. You'll be writing to your past self (aka me). You'll read this and tell yourself that I had no idea what my life was going to be. I hope that there is nothing but blessings.

I'm becoming the person I want to become and I can only hope that in the future I am who I wanted to be. Take care future, Sam. You've made it this far. Trust God and have faith.

Love,

The Girl With Hope