Don't Know What To Get Your Girl? Makeup Is The Perfect Gift

Makeup is the perfect gift for your girl on any occasion.

96
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Getting gifts for anyone can be a difficult thing. You don't want to admit it, but it can often be just like the great Michael Scott says. "I love you, this many dollars worth." As a man, occasional boyfriend, occasional gift giver, etc., I have found the perfect gift area for most women in my life, and I am here to share it.

I reserve the right to generalize a little bit, and make some broad assumptions with the best intentions. All of this is to make some people happy, and help some guys who may not know better a little bit, so keep that in mind. This is with the best intentions.

What makes a good gift? Perhaps something you get a lot of uses out of? Something the person who would receive the gift and their friends all agree is cool and interesting? Something popular, ethical, and maybe even a little creative? If the gift is for the modern woman (or the right style of man), I can tell you the perfect gift and a few reasons why. The gift I'll tell you right now, the reasons come after. You know, how lists happen and such. Makeup, that's the gift. Here are some reasons why.

So say you're a guy, in a relationship with a girl. You online game, maybe League of Legends player or maybe the all mighty Fortnite has taken over your life. I bet you talk to your girlfriend about it right? If she's a good girl (which I'm sure she is) I bet she knows what first blood means, she knows what an inhibitor is, she kisses you and says good job after a kill. She looks up from her phone and congratulates you when you win. What I'm getting at is, she knows about your hobby, which is arguably lame. If she can take the time to learn about your game, you can take five minutes and watch a youtube tutorial she left open and get her the damn Naked Heat palette used in the video. That kind of surprise is like winning a game of Fortnite, but every time she wants to look hella fire.

Makeup is in. Maybe you don't know if your girl is into makeup, but odds are man, she is. If she likes RuPaul, she is. If she doesn't actively say that she isn't she might be as well. It's a cool hobby for a lot of girls, to some degree. Even if it's just some Youtube videos. Just like Youtube gamers, whatever clickbait videos you are watching in between whatever you do online, there are plenty of cosmetic Youtube artists that are killing it and paying the bills with their videos. It's a huge industry. Having makeup that matches what they use in popular Youtube videos will be a fun thing for her to try for herself, and impress her friends when she goes out. ariana grande makeup GIF

Makeup is often something they use every day. If they are getting ready for more than fifteen minutes, like to the point where you are like what are they doing in there, well they are probably putting on makeup. I promise you when they open their makeup bag they think of something that would be cool to add. Ask.

britney spears makeup GIF

Makeup lasts a long time. If you get your girl a MAC eyeliner, bam that's like 30 bucks that not only saves her money, but an errand. For a lot of women, makeup isn't a thing they can just not have, its an essential. Getting them something that is a must for their routine saves them a last minute issue they may have in the future. They will breathe a sigh of relief and thank you for it. Bam. Awesome gift.

makeup brush GIF by NYX Professional Makeup

Last thing: there is a great chance that ya girl will mention your savvy gift giving. Good makeup gets noticed by other people who are informed, and trust me, there is nothing better than seeing your girl gush over the makeup she is wearing and then say that her boyfriend got it for her. That's the best. It shows that her partner is attentive, and cares about what she cares about. It's the same as if your girl got you a steam gift card, the jersey of your favorite player, whatever makes you happy.

Get your girl makeup if you can't think of something to get her. a Naked palette is an easy win, and it's ethical. Being an uninformed guy in Ulta might be intimidating, but if you walk in and say, "I want to get my girlfriend something nice, and I don't want products that test on animals" they can help you. A gift card is easy, but take a minute and try to find something special. A gift card will turn into foundation, sure, but a contour kit will be as cool as a huge pack of Crayolas were back in the day. Show her you care, get glam. Best of luck friends.