Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

"Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism."

13
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
Entertainment Tonight

November can’t come fast enough! Not only do we look forward to Thanksgiving and all the delicious food, but now we can get excited about the return of “Gilmore Girls”! It was announced months ago that Netlfix would launch the return of “Gilmore Girls” and people went nuts. I personally yelped once I heard the news.

“Gilmore Girls” is a wonderful show (I secretly wished that I lived in Stars Hallow, not going to lie) that represents the relationship between a mother and daughter in a quaint town in Connecticut. Not only do we see the bond between a single mother and her brilliant daughter but we also get a look into their quirky, liberal and opinionated neighbors and co-workers, which makes the show all the more realistic. We’ve seen Rory grow up and choose between Dean, Jess (my favorite) and Logan. We’ve seen the heartache that both Lorelai and Rory have dealt with, the gossip of town and disappointments in life.

The show puts me in this cozy, warm and welcoming feeling. I feel like I’m right there with them dealing with these issues and I relate to a famous quote from a scene in the series, “It’s not just a show, it’s a lifestyle."

Which is the exact way I view this series. They deal with typical issues that people of all ages can relate to and it’s refreshing to see that.

“Gilmore Girls: Revival” will focus on all four seasons (summer, fall, winter, and spring) and show where the characters are in their lives. The majority of the original cast is back, which is fantastic! Everyone is anxiously waiting for November to arrive. Here are some reasons to get excited for this premiere.

1.) Luke’s Diner! Not only is Luke wonderful in his own “I hate the world and people” way, but he genuinely is someone most people grew to love and adore on this show. His relationship with Lorelai is just adorable. Plus, who doesn’t want a cup of coffee (or 5, for Lorelai) from Luke’s?

2.) The shenanigans and bickering between Michel and Lorelai. Michel worked the front desk at the inn Lorelai managed. His sassy, yet honest comments were spot on and realistic. Majority of the time Lorelai annoyed Michel, but deep down he truly cherished the friendship.

3.) Kirk! Oh, Kirk. Kirk had many jobs in Stars Hallow. He was a mailman, worked in the local center, worked in grocery stores, etc. He was the most random and dorky character but you couldn’t help but adore his weirdness.

4.) Dean Forester. Good guy Dean, who stole Rory’s heart in the beginning and truly cared for her throughout the show. I’m interested to see what he’s up to.

5.) Jess Mariano. Gosh, there is just something about a bad boy who can read a damn book (I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true). Although now, I realize how much of a jerk he was to Rory. Yet he showed his vulnerable and caring side as well. He was a smart guy, he just didn’t apply himself. Dying to see where he ended up.

6.) Emily Gilmore. Lorelai and Emily never got along, but always tried to maintain some kind of relationship for Rory. Forcing your daughter and granddaughter to have dinner with you every Friday night is totally normal. Right?

7.) Stars Hallow. The cutest and coziest town ever. Too bad it doesn’t actually exist, because I’ve contemplated moving there when I was younger. I’m looking forward to seeing how things have changed in town or if they kept everything the same.

8.) The relationship between Lorelai and Rory: Where are they in life, are they still close, does Rory live in another state, etc.

9.) The theme song: I missed hearing the song oddly enough. It’s perfect for the show.

There are tons of reasons why I’m excited for this show! Sometimes watching one of your favorite shows just puts you in a certain state of mind and brings memories back. It’s a good feeling; it makes you think of simple times where people actually talked at coffee shops and wanted to get involved in local events. But hey, things change and so do people. Let’s see what they’ll have in store for us.