7 Gifts For The College Senior Graduating During A Global Pandemic

If you are close to someone who is graduating, make sure they know how proud of them you are, either by telling them or surprising them with one of these gifts.

14

Graduating college at this time is an unusually difficult challenge. Due to COVID-19, the economy and job market is suffering, which means graduating seniors will probably find it more difficult to start or apply for a new job. They are missing graduation, classes, and end of the year parties with all of their friends. College is a fleeting part of our lives, and our graduating seniors have lost the last semester of their senior year. Here are a few gift ideas to help celebrate their accomplishments, even if you can't celebrate with them in the traditional way.

1. Furniture and Other Supplies

Many seniors will be moving into new houses at this time and starting new lives, despite the global pandemic. A gift that helps them celebrate their new space and save money while decorating will surely be appreciated.

2. Photo Album

If you are looking to go in a more sentimental direction, a great gift for a graduating senior would be a photo album of all their favorite memories. You can easily purchase a cheap photo album on Amazon, and then personalize it with memories of their time in college.

3. Social Distancing Graduation Party

If you are quarantining with, or related to the senior, the social distancing is not necessary, but a small party to celebrate graduation is a perfect gift for a senior and will show that you care, even if you are all unable to celebrate in the usual way. Order decorations, cook or order in a delicious meal, and do everything you can to honor the graduating senior's accomplishments in the past four years.

4. Quarantine Puppy or Kitten

Since everyone is spending a lot more time at home recently, many individuals have been adopting puppies and kittens. If you know a senior who is financially stable and who has been dying to own a pet, a perfect gift during this time to celebrate their graduation might be a puppy or a kitten! A small, adorable animal is certain to cheer them up, and they will have lots of time to get the hang of caring for the pet.

5. Personalized Playlist

Many streaming platforms have the option to create a playlist. A lovely gift would be a playlist personally put together by you, jam-packed with songs you know your graduating senior loves and songs that you know will remind them of their time spent at school. When they feel nostalgic, they will always have this playlist to listen to.

6. Cookbook

Many young people setting off into the world are not very skilled at cooking, or have a limited range of dishes that they can cook. Buying them or making them a cookbook that you know includes some of their favorite recipes is sure to be a gift that they treasure for a long time.

7. Future Voucher

A creative gift for a graduation is to make a voucher for the graduating senior that they can cash in when quarantine is over, promising to take them somewhere that they've been missing, such as on a trip or to a concert.

Graduation is always an exciting but also stressful time, and the quarantine has surely only added to these overwhelming feelings. If you are close to someone who is graduating, make sure they know how proud of them you are, either by telling them or surprising them with one of these gifts.