6 Things To Do To GET OUT Of A Rut

6 Things To Do To GET OUT Of A Rut

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."

294
6 Things To Do To GET OUT Of A Rut
Unsplash

Being in a rut is not a fun feeling to go through.

You feel less motivated to do anything and sometimes you feel lost. The worst feeling of being in a rut is feeling hopeless. Like you sense the suspicion you are trapped and there is no way out. We all go through something like this, so you are not alone.

Personally, I went through a slump years ago and I felt like I was in a never ending black hole. I could not shake off what was bothering me internally and the longer I felt like this, the condition got worse. I was not motivated to do anything including schoolwork, hangout with my friends and family, take care of my body, and etc. The points I have listed below helped me get out of my dreary groove, and til this day I do every task.

1. Exercise

Working out is so important for your body. It gets you up and moving, builds muscle, reduces stress, and much more. Your mind becomes less foggy when you exercise. You release all of the bad and negative energy that is going on in your life into the solid workout and you will feel exceptional afterwards.

2. Write

Sometimes putting your thoughts into words can help you have an understanding of what is going on in your head. Writing simple adjectives or a short letter to yourself will aid your mind.

3. Pray

Praying also puts your thoughts together and turn them into words. Allow yourself to be vulnerable and pour every problem you have out. It helps to get your thoughts out vocally and having that sense of peace knowing that your prayers will get answered.

4. Set Goals/Make a Task List

Making a task list or goals will help you want to get motivated and stay motivated. Your “to-do” list can range from doing your daily routine to planning out your weekly agenda. The feeling of finishing a task and earning that goal will make your problems seem less important.

5. Go Out By Yourself or with Your Friends

Your friends are your #1 support system. Friends are there through thick and thin. Always remember that. Tell your friends that you are in a rut. Express your emotions and ask for help. Go have a simple dinner or go to a local bar and order a drink that you wouldn’t dare to try. Go out on that dance floor and dance your heart out with your companions.

Also do not be afraid to go out by yourself. Treat yourself to a nice dinner. Go to a taqueria and order yourself a nice mango margarita on the rocks. Whatever excites you, go do it.

6. Relax and Enjoy "Me Time"

It is immensely important to relax your mind and body. Take some time to be by yourself and just unwind from reality. Take a hot bath with a glass of pinot grigio, take a 20 minute nap, put on a face mask and listen to acoustic covers. You need a little TLC every now and then.

Being in a rut is not the easiest situation to go through and trying to get out of it is challenging. Once when you accept the fact that you are down and that you want to change your life, do it. Don’t hesitate. Believe in yourself. It will be hard at first, but when you strive to the end result [happiness] you will want to continue to push yourself so you do not go back to that dark place.

I believe in you.