9 Reasons You Should Stop What You're Doing And Go Get Yourself A Golden Retriever

If you're ever wondering what kind of dog you should get, go with a golden retriever!

1187

Getting a dog is a big decision that will change up your daily routine. Once you have decided that you can handle all the responsibilities that come with owning a dog, you have to figure out which breed is best for you. When we think about all the dog breeds that are out there it seems nearly impossible to narrow it down to just one. Don't worry! I'm here to help. You should obviously choose a Golden Retriever! These lovable pups have so many great qualities.

1. Smart and Easy to Train

unsplash

These dogs are incredibly intelligent. Because of their intellect, they are extremely easy to train. They will learn commands in no time.

2. Sweet and Calm

unsplash

Goldens are the sweetest breed out there. They outwardly show their affection for their owners at all times.

3. Great with Other Pets

unsplash

If you have any other pets and are thinking about introducing a new pup, golden retrievers are your best bet.

4. They are Beautiful

unsplash

They have a soft silky coat that makes you never want to stop petting them. They always look happy and their eyes will melt your heart.

5. Love to Cuddle

unsplash

If you are big into cuddling with your pup, golden retrievers should be at the top of your list. It's like snuggling a warm soft blanket.

6. Exercise Buddy

unsplash

Goldens love exercise! If you like to go running or doing any other outdoor activities, take this bundle of joy along.

7. They Make us Laugh

unsplash

These dogs do a lot of funny things that will make you laugh; whether it be stuffing their mouth with tennis balls or rolling around on the floor. Needless to say, you will be entertained.

8. Child's Best Friend

These dogs love children! They are super friendly and gentle and enjoy forming close bonds with the people in their family.

9. Very Gentle

unsplash

Golden retrievers can carry a raw egg in their mouth without cracking it. If that doesn't say gentle, I don't know what does.