I Used To Watch GamePlays, Now I'm A Gamer

I Used To Be The Girl Who Just Watched GamePlays, Now I'm Kicking Butt With Every Button

Gaming is its own wonderful world!

33

I have always enjoyed video games, but I had never been the best at playing them. I had a GameBoy and a Nintendo DS as most of my generation did, but I never really got into some of the bigger chains of gaming (i.e. PlayStation, Xbox, etc.). Well, that was until recently. I got a PS4 as an early Christmas present and I have absolutely fallen in love with gaming again. I have watched so many people play all of these different games that I really enjoy but never thought that I'd be able to play them. But since I got my system, I have been able to play them.

There is a huge difference between watching someone play the game vs. playing the game yourself. Let me tell you, playing the game is so much more impactful and how the game is supposed to be experienced. You get the intensity and the heart and you feel the anticipation of what your decisions will actually mean for the rest of the game.

I always thought that I was could never learn how to play games on this kind of level, but I found a game that I love and I really wanted to play and I took the time to learn how to play. That was one of the best decisions I could have made because I have been able to come and play through a handful of these games that I love and now I really get the chance to experience them. It is like if someone told you everything that happened in your favorite movie compared to you actually sitting down and watching it and experiencing it for yourself. Certain mediums are made to be experienced first hand and video games are one of those mediums.

Even though I can say that I am able to be a gamer, it doesn't mean that I am perfect or always really good at it. There are times where more often then not, a big battle or a quick time scene is still really hard. It is definitely a learning curve and memorization of which buttons are being used, but it is still so much fun. Learning your gaming system is like learning anything else that you want to be able to do as a hobby. It takes time and patience, but in the end, it is such a great experience.

Whether you have been gaming your whole life or you just picked up a controller for the first time, it doesn't matter who you are, you can be a gamer. If it is something that you want to do, go for it and learn how to do it. Also, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. If you put your mind to it you can do just about anything, even learning how to play video games at a pretty okay level. It never hurts to try because you never know what will come out of it!