Drop Everything, Here Are 5 Things We Want From 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8

Spoilers are here.

49

If you haven't been paying attention, the new (and last) season of 'Game of Thrones' is almost upon us. This is a time of great excitement and great mourning for those of us who have followed the show for so long. Are we ready? After over a year and a half of waiting, most would say yes. But in reality, this is an ending that most people are not truly prepared for, especially since we are guaranteed to lose many of our favorite characters to the Night King and his army.

1. An Arya and Jon Reunion

It's been seven long seasons since these two have seen each other. The two siblings who loved each other the most, and the ones who were taken the furthest away by fate and tragedy. If they do not receive the reunion they deserve, I think I speak for every fan when I say we will riot.

2. An Arya and Gendry Reunion

So maybe this one is more personal to me, but I was furious when Gendry and Jon never even discussed Arya in their little season 7 friendship. The one thing they really have in common (let's be real, Ned and Robert being besties was weak). No one is asking for a romance - though I wouldn't say no to one - but they deserve to meet again before the White Walkers destroy Westeros.

3. The Death of Cersei

Once upon a time, she had a single redeeming quality: her love for her children. Then two of them died and the third committed suicide after his mother murdered his wife, and she wasted no time in taking the Iron Throne. There is one thing we all know: she deserves to die. The only question is, how? A betrayal by one of her brothers? Or for Arya to finally get rid of one of the last names on her list?

4. A Targaryen on the Iron Throne

Let us have the rightful queen of Westeros take the Iron Throne, and if we can't have her, then someone get Jon Snow to King's Landing after the White Walkers have been defeated. But Dragons need to rule Westeros again, the Lions have just made such a mess.

5. Cleganebowl!

Let the Hound defeat his brother for scarring him as a child. Let the Mountain finally die instead of living whatever cursed half-life he's living now as Cersei's bodyguard. Let us have it because we've been waiting for so long.