"Game of Thrones" Season 8 has begun. And so have the end of semester scaries. As we approach final exams, group projects, and deadlines, we're crawling to the finish line. Each Sunday is the only thing keeping us together during this tragic time. The weeknights may be dark and full of terrors, but us college students have more in common with the GOT characters than you think.
Finals are coming, my friends.
1. Telling myself I have so much time before finals makes the scaries a little easier to handle.
2. Wait, next week? You're telling me finals are coming... NEXT WEEK?
Well, alright then.
3. Scrambling to get my crap together in a week like:
I can't find my lit textbook. WHERE IS MY LIT TEXTBOOK?
4. Finals haven't even begun and I already feel like a train wreck. A live shot of my Mom talking to me when we FaceTime:
5. Hmm... to socialize or to study? Or both?
At little relaxation wouldn't kill you, now, would it?
6. No, I need to focus. Time to go study.
Yes, ringing that bell of shame high over my head. Time to crack down and focus on the task at hand.
7. My brain after studying all night:
You're on your 8th hour studying. It's 11:00pm. You go to do another math problem and you get it wrong, again. Your brain is all about doubting you at this point.
8. Finals day is here. Did it get cold out or is it just me?
9. I get a grip of myself and head into the exam feeling all the power.
Let's do this thing.
10. Me reaching my last final absolutely exhausted and soulless:
I want to go home, too, Rob. I want to go home, too.
11. Your semester is finally over. HALLELUJAH. So, what to do now with all those notebooks and papers? Well:
Burn them all, indeed. What a great cleanse after the hell of a semester you just endured.
Congrats. You're free at last.
Or are you?