Tulsi Gabbard Is Our Best Bet In 2020

Tulsi Gabbard Is Our Best Bet In 2020

With the October debates approaching, Gabbard has shown she has what it takes to be the next president.

4
Tulsi Gabbard Is Our Best Bet In 2020

With democrats pushing harder than ever for impeachment, Joe Biden being tied up in a minor scandal, and the October democratic debate quickly approaching, American politics is reaching a fever pitch that is causing many to lose sight of what is truly important. Among the chaos, it is vitally important that during the debate process we properly vet candidates in order to elect the most appropriate leader for the most powerful country in the world. Amidst the mayhem stands a strong and proud candidate. Tulsi Gabbard. With her moderate policies and general patriotism, Gabbard stands to be the rift mending candidate we need right now.

The debate stage in September excluded Gabbard although she met the individual donor requirement and polled almost identically to some of the other candidates due to ambiguity in Democratic National Convention polling rules. A policy Gabbard plans to reform to provide clarification to not only candidates, but voters as well. Despite this setback that would have been the end of many others' campaigns, Gabbard continued to fight. Since missing out on the debate, Tulsi has doubled down on doing interviews on popular networks and visiting communities to spread her message to garner support. Due to this tireless work she has now re-qualified to appear in the debates this October. Without considering policy, it is clear that the presidency is important to Gabbard and that she seeks to bring about real change.

Enlisting after the September 11th attacks in 2001, Tulsi has been a serving member of the US military ever since. Upon returning from her service in Iraq, she ran for and won a representative seat in her home state of Hawaii. This background is the foundation of many of her moderate policies. From her experience in the middle east, she seeks to end regime change and interventionist wars and focus more on domestic problems to improve the lives of Americans around the country. Additionally, she seeks to increase the transparency of politics in general to provide more clarity of the inner workings of the government to the people that it governs. Finally, she appreciates the constitution and does not seek to abolish the second amendment, but only wants to reform laws in order to create a safer country.

It is no secret that political vitriol is rising in the United States and the effects of it can be felt worldwide. In order to self correct and bring stability and peace back into our political system it is critical that a moderate candidate is elected. So far, Tulsi Gabbard rises above the rest and seeks to set us on a better path.