An Open Letter To My Future Husband

An Open Letter To My Future Husband

I never knew I would find a love like yours, but I do know that I want it forever.

21
man and woman

The day that I met you was the beginning of the rest of my life. At that time, I didn't know that that's what it was. When I met you I didn't understand just how much you would mean to me, just how much we would become connected. They always say that if you fall in love with your best friend that you are one of the lucky ones. I was never one that was up on my luck, but when I met you, I became one of the lucky ones. Since the day that we finally connected and began our long late night talks, I've been in love with you. I've never loved someone as much as I love you, and I will never love another like I love you. You're my safe place, and you always will be just that.

Promises from me to you..

I'll always support you. I will support you through the good and the bad. I will support you whether you fail or succeed. I will never make you feel inadequate by putting you down or holding things against you. I will make sure that you know just how great you are; I want to push you to keep trying and go after your goals. When we go through tough times, I want to go through them together. I will try to relax you, to ease your stress and your pain. Together, we can stand and be strong.

I'll grow and change with you. Throughout our relationship, we may change a lot and in different ways. No matter what the changes, we can grow together and share in our new adventures. Growing and changing doesn't mean we should grow apart; growth and change should only make us stronger together.

I'll challenge you. I will never let you settle for something when I know you can do much more. I will always push you to be the best that you can be, even though I know it might make you angry. I only challenge you because I know just how much potential you have, and I want you and everyone else to see that.

I'll inspire you. The moment that I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you was the moment I realized you made me a better person. You inspired me to be better in so many ways. I want to do the same for you. I want my successes, my values, and my beliefs to inspire you. I want to be your motivation for going after all of your goals and dreams. I want to be the one to make you see just how much potential you have.

I'll love you more each day. It may seem simple and it may seem cliche, but I will NEVER stop loving you. Through the tears, the fights, the laughter, I will continue to love you more and more every single day. I will never let that spark die that we felt during the first date, the first kiss...everyday will be a new and even better adventure than the last. I won't ever take you for granted or leave you feeling unappreciated. I will always appreciate everything that you do for me, no matter how big or small. Though our future holds unknown things, both good and bad, I'm ready to take the jump and start this adventure together that they call life.

I'm begging you, to trust me and to never question my love for you.

I couldn't ask for a better man to love and cherish me the way you do. I could never imagine living this crazy life with anyone else by my side. I promise to love you, without any hesitation, everyday for the rest of our lives. I will never hurt you, I promise to never betray you or do anything to break our bond. I will never let you feel unloved or unwanted because you are all that I've ever dreamt of. You aren't perfect and neither am I, but we are perfect together. Perfect for each other.