Hello Future, Please Hold

Hello Future, Please Hold

Your future will always be there, but the present only exists for a moment.

22
Hello Future, Please Hold
Bainow

Thanksgiving was last week and even though it's not Thanksgiving anymore I am thankful for so many things in my life. But one of the things that has meant the most to me over the last couple of year are the friendships that I've been blessed with. Everyday I am amazed at the amazing people that I get to surround myself with.

These last couple years I've gotten to opportunity to learn a lot about friendship and what it means and I've been able to learn a lot about people and myself through it.

I've always loved people and loved the friends that I had but I think that I didn't put enough emphasis on the importance of friendship in my life. I enjoyed my friends and the friendships that I had but I was sure that any friendship that I had couldn't hold me back starting life. I think because I put this barrier up I wasn't able to make as deep of friendships as I would've liked to have made, and I lost out a lot because of this.

But I've realized that having friendships and throwing yourself into them completely is one way to live life to the fullest. If you're always reaching for the next thing and never taking the time to enjoy the place you are in now—you'll never be happy and you'll probably never go anywhere either. And I wasn't happy when I was only focused on taking the next step forward. It was only when I figured out that I needed to stop and work on my life in the present as well as the future, that I found that I could be happy now and that all I needed to do was stop and take it.

I'll still always reaching forward in life towards my goals- but I won't let those goals keep me from being happy now. The goals I have are so important to me. It's been exceptionally hard to teach myself not to be focused on them all the time. But it's also been one of the most rewarding lessons of my life. For the first time in a long time, I am happy with where I am and the path that my life is following.

So, don't forget your goals or who you want to be but allow yourself to live now and be who you are too. Trust me, you'll be glad you tried.