7 Fun Holidays To Celebrate This Spring Break

23
www.honolulupulse.com

A lot of schools just started their spring break. My school is one of them, and, having just finished finals for our second term, I thought it'd be a good idea to find something to celebrate every day while we recover from that. Here are some holidays coming up this week!

1. March 14th - Pi Day

Ah, the perfect day to rationalize eating too much pie. This day has to do with the infinite number or pi and not math really, but if you do like math, consider competing in Pizza Hut's Pi Day math contest. Three questions ranging in difficulty from high to PhD level (and created by a Princeton professor) will be posted online and three people can win 3.14 years of free pizza! I love pizza so much I have to at least try.

2. March 15th - True Confessions Day

They say keeping secrets just drives you crazy and shaves years off your life, so this is as good a day as any to confess the things you've always wanted to get off your chest. Don't get yourself into trouble if you don't need to, though. You know what they say: What they don't know won't hurt them... most of the time.

3. March 16th - Lip Appreciation Day

We constantly use our lips for everything from eating to talking to kissing, so shout out to them! Imagine how weird people would look without lips... yep, I appreciate them.

4. March 17th - St. Patrick's Day

Growing up I didn't know anything about St. Patrick's Day, but I got used to people wearing green and punching whoever didn't whenever it came around. According to legend, the real St. Patrick was an Irish missionary that used the iconic three-leaved shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity. That doesn't explain why kids punch each other or become obsessed with finding leprechauns, but it's fun anyway.

5. March 17th - Absolutely Incredible Kid Day

Camp Fire’s Absolutely Incredible Kid Day is a day to honor young people by asking adults to write encouraging letters to the great kids in their lives. I think this is a great idea! Kids are just tiny people and want to feel appreciated too.

6. March 18th - Awkward Moments Day

Everyone has those moments when you do something and cringe for like seven years, but this is a day to laugh all that off. Who knows? Someday you may look back and think some of those moments are hilarious, so try to spend the day finding the humor in our awkwardness.

7. March 19th - National Quilting Day

Every third Saturday in March we celebrate quilts and anybody who makes them. Started in 1991 by the National Quilting Association, people are encouraged to participate no matter their skill level when it comes to quilting. In my case it'll probably looks like the strung together squares in the picture, but hey, still counts.