'Fuller House': High Hopes And Big Expectations

15
Google Images

"Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV. You miss your old familiar friends, but waiting just around the bend" is "Fuller House" on Netflix TV.

Season one of "Fuller House" will premiere on Netflix on Feb. 26, 2016, and you better be ready for some binge watching. All of the episodes will be available at once! "Fuller House" landed 13 episodes, following a widowed D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure), who is raising her own family in the house she grew up in. Both D.J.'s little sister, Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin), and her best friend, Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber), move into the original house located in sunny San Francisco to help her raise her three sons. To all the "Full House" fans, this situation sounds quite familiar. In the original show, "Full House," that aired on ABC Family in 1987, Jesse Katsopolis (John Stamos) and Joey Gladstone (David Alan Coulier) came to help Danny Tanner (Bob Saget) raise his three girls after his wife passed away.

While the majority of the original cast are reuniting for Season 1 of the new Netflix show at the end of February, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are gallivanting in New York and will not be returning.

Rumor has it that the Olsen twins are too busy in New York running their fashion empire to act in "Fuller House." In my opinion, without Michelle Tanner saying her famous line, "You got it, dude!" the Tanner house isn't half full; it's half empty. They might as well name the new Netflix show "Emptier House" instead of "Fuller House." The writers of "Fuller House" are explaining Michelle Tanner's absence by saying that she is in New York building a fashion empire. (Sound familiar?)

While Michelle Tanner won't make an appearance on "Fuller House," a lot of the original characters will be returning. Some of America's favorites include Jesse Katsopolis, Rebecca Katsopolis, Joey Gladstone, Danny Tanner, D.J. Tanner, Stephanie Tanner, and Kimmy Gibbler.

While I, like many people, have high expectations for "Fuller House," I also have some hopes and questions about this new spin-off series. Will Steve and D.J. end up together in the end? Will Nicky and Alex make an appearance? And of course, do Kimmy Gibbler's feet still stink so badly that you have to put a window down?

I have high expectations for "Fuller House" and I hope the new show still has the family values, life lessons, heartfelt moments, Joey's humor, Jesse's music genius, and the all-around good feeling you got while watching "Full House."No matter how "Fuller House" turns out, we must always remember, "Everywhere you look there's a heart, a hand to hold on to."