Dear Mom On Mother's Day

Dear Mom On Mother's Day

I love you to the moon and back.

8
Dear Mom On Mother's Day
Chelsea Newman

Dear Mom,

First off, I just wanted to tell you Happy Mother's Day. Now I am I just saying that because it is the right thing to do? Of course not, I think you know me better than that. Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year in the United States. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and a lot of it is because of you.

I wanted to say thank you for all of the times you comforted me and showed me what a mother's love really meant. The complete encouragement you showed me even in my darkest of times. You have always loved me for the person that I am and the person that I want to become. Many people do not hold words close to them, but I do. I hold close to my heart all the times that you told me it is okay to fail, as long as I get back up. The words you spoke to me when I told you I wasn't like others. The words that you text me every day to make sure that I am doing well. And of course - three very important words, I love you.

I am thankful for the fact that you see me as me. You see my flaws and love me just the same. You don't just see a gay daughter, you simply see your daughter. You see so much in me at times that I myself cannot. When I tell you I am scared, you tell me that I am brave. You see the good in not only me but so many others. Your kindness is something that I will never take for granted.

I am thankful for the many adventures that we have had together. The relaxing beach days, all the matinee movies. The simple stroll around Target, and never being able to walk out without a Starbucks. I am thankful for the days we played hooky just to spend time together. I am thankful that you wanted to spend time with me because I know of so many others who never experienced something like that.

I am thankful for the lessons you have taught me. The way you have shown me to be a person who cares about others. That it is okay to put others before yourself.You have shown me what it means to be respectful and polite. That if you can make a difference in someone's life, you should try as best as you can to do so.

You have taught me how I would like to be one day if I have kids. You have shown me a true bond like no other. Without you, I would not be half the person that I am today. You are my friend, but you will always be my mom.

Happy Mather's Day. I love you to the moon and back.