Friends That are Worth the World

Friends That are Worth the World

surrounding ourselves with the best kind of community

354
Friends That are Worth the World
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/08/636587572418159438-654433418_bb.jpg

One of the things that I've been learning about over and over this semester is growing in community. When God created us in his image, he created us as relational beings, not meant to be alone. As a three head, trinitarian God, he is relational at his core, so he wired us the same way. We crave companionship, people to live with throughout this crazy life.

However, it is up to us who we choose to be in communion with. We have free reign over the people whom with which we spend time.

Proverbs tells us that we become wise if we walk with the wise and suffer harm if we are around with fools.

This is such a beautiful piece of wisdom because it reminds us how influential the people around us are. No matter how independent or self confident you are, the people that you are around have a huge effect on you.

That is why it is so important to surround ourselves with those who have a burning passion for the Lord. If we are constantly exposed to the overwhelming love of God through the people in our lives then there is no escaping it.

On the bad days when you feel like giving up on God, those friends are there to remind you that there is so much joy to be found in him.

When you make a bad decision that you feel had ruined the rest of your life, God uses those people to lift you up and show you that there is restoration through Jesus.

If you just can't seem to escape the sin that consumes this world, those people will be there to speak truth into your life when you need it the most.

Friends are such a beautiful gift of God. He knows that we are not able to live life alone, that we need support here on earth. That is why he brings us the best people at the best times.

So, take advantage of those beautiful friendships that God has so graciously given to you. Rely on your friends when you can't seem to get it together, or you just need a little pick me up.

Be extra grateful for your godly friends today. Give them a hug around the neck, and tell them how influential they really are <3

Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. -Proverbs 13:20