Someone who meant more for you, for example a boyfriend or how we now call it, someone you used to "talk" to for a very long time becomes just a friend. Many of us have been with a person and have had to make a decision whether to still keep them in your life or tell them good-bye forever. I went through it last month. Making this decision is difficult but at the end of the day, you should love what you are doing with the people around you. Most importantly, be happy with yourself.
Friends being friends with friendsGiphy
Personally, I became very close with a guy very fast and we kind of skipped the friend zone. A year passed and there were many issues that we, as a couple could not come to an agreement with. We ended it and now we're just friends. At first, I did not like the decision. I was even annoyed of him still trying to be friends with me after a month of not talking to each other. I'm not a hateful person either but I did not think it was possible for someone you loved to be just a friend. I thought it would be weird because my whole life I would hear stories of being friends with your ex is weird or wrong. I made this decision when I saw him face to face. Communication is key right? But so is seeing the person face to face and connecting with them in that moment - the right way. I was never his friend so we both decided we could give it a try as well. I'm happier now and doing my own thing and still have all my friends close.
Every relationship is different, obviously. If you can't be with them and still want them in your life for a good and healthy reason, being friends is the closest thing to still having them in your life. There is nothing wrong with being friends with someone you used to love because at the end of the day you must like or love your friends too enough to have them close to you. If you cannot do this it's perfectly fine too. From my personal experience, if I meet someone I meet them for a reason and if I open the door to say hello, the hardest thing for me to do would be say good-bye forever and lock the door behind that person.
- Friends with an Ex? Check Your Motives First, Science Says ›
- Why Staying Friends With an Ex Can Strengthen Your Relationship ›
- Can You Ever Be Friends With Your Ex? - AskMen ›
- Six rules for being friends with an ex - CNN.com ›
- Is it Possible to Be Friends With an Ex? ›
- 4 Reasons Why Exes Stay Friends | Psychology Today ›
- Should You Stay Friends With an Ex? Here's What Experts Say | Time ›
- How to Stay Friends With an Ex ›
- The 10 Worst Reasons to Stay Friends With Your Ex | Psychology ... ›
- When you should (and shouldn't) stay friends with an ex - The ... ›