Frank Ocean's 5 Best Singles

1. "Moon River"

This song is gorgeous - so soothing and so light. Frank's vocals are just very beautifully composed and meshed with the minimal production so well. The harmonies, the lyrics, and the overall vibe are so amazing. The complexity of the lyrics are so flawless and pair immaculately with the instrumentals.

2. "Novacane"

A big switch from "Moon River," but this upbeat song is one of my favorite Frank songs of all time. The lyrical intelligence plus the amount of really smoothly placed connections and innuendos is insane. The upbeat song is an easy and fun listener, but, like most Frank songs. When you really listen and dissect the lyrics it's a whole different story. It's enjoyable to listen and catch something within the lyrics that you haven't before.

3. "Dear April"

This is a very similar vibe to "Moon River." Its very instrumental heavy production emphasizes the vocals and makes it flow so well. Listening to this song hurts the heart but also makes you feel like you're floating— such a delicate song with such a powerful feeling. I can't get over how well this song was constructed.

4. "In My Room"

The flow of this song is different from other Frank songs. It's more futuristic melodic production takes you to a different dimension. Lyrically its fun yet still has deeper lyrical meaning. I think that is why Ocean's music is so appealing. You can listen to it just to listen to it, but then you can also listen to understand and see more of the picture.

5. ​"Biking" ft. Tyler The Creator and Jay-z

For not being a huge Jay-z fan, I really enjoy this song. When Frank collabs with an artist, it doesn't matter who it is - I will listen to it and probably love it. Frank and Tyler have such an amazing artist dynamic and that shines through in this song. They bounce off of each other so well and it makes this song 10x better.

If you liked this article, make sure to check my other ones!