4 Motivational Quotes For Spring Semester

Spring break is over; now what?
103

Spring break is over, and now, we have to start preparing ourselves for these last weeks of the semester. It is going to be tough, and there will be many late nights in the library, but we all will make it through. For some of us, this is our last semester of college ever. For others, like myself, this semester will mark the halfway point. Wherever you are in your college career, we all could use some motivational quotes to help us through these next few weeks!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time ~ Thomas Edison

Spring semester is difficult to get through because we are so close to summer. We love to imagine what adventures we will be having, or thinking about the amazing internship or job we will be working this summer. Oftentimes, these thoughts distract us from the bigger picture. We all came to college for a reason, to pursue a career, interest, passion, and to learn. Whenever you find yourself losing motivation and generally feeling down, remember why you came to college. For me, I think about the future students I will have in my classroom someday. Forward thinking is exactly what will motivate you to go that extra step and keep you motivated to finish this semester strong.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. ~ Dr. Seuss

All humans have insecurities, but it is your choice whether you let them dictate your life, or not. See, you have the potential to be all that you have ever imagined, but you have to take the risks to get there. Even if you have no idea what you want to major in, or have a career in, that is okay. You have time to figure it out, and explore your interests and passions. Do not let the insecurities and worries you have carve your path in this world, let your dreams and imagination do that.

Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. ~ R. Collier

Humans are creatures of habit, so when you repeatedly go the library and get work done, then it starts to become a routine. This routine may be noticeable or not, but once you have the habit of studying and completing assignments, it starts to show in your academic success. The smallest effort to look over the reading before class the next day could be the catalyst to a new habit, and a good one.

It's a good day to have a good day

Start your day with this thought and see how it plays out. Know that you can accomplish what you put your mind to, and you will make a better tomorrow by doing what you are doing today. That being said, we all need to have days to get away from stress, so take care of yourself. If you need a mental health day, then go ahead and use an absence of a class and focus on you. If you are having a sub par day, then have a sub par day, but take care of yourself, and know that tomorrow will be better. Otherwise, try to have a good day and know that all your small efforts will bring you closer to your bright future.