I Ate Seven Fortune Cookies And My Luck Got Way Better

I Ate 7 Fortune Cookies And My Luck Has Been Better Ever Since — Here's What They Said

I picked seven random fortune cookies from the restaurant where I work. Here's what I think they mean (literally and figuratively)!

2478

After reading and analyzing all of these fortunes, it's amazing how they all fit together and complement one another. These are some of the wise sayings I strive to apply to my everyday life.

1. "Seeing your smile always brings smiles upon others."

Have you ever heard the expression, "You're a thousand times prettier when you smile"? Give a smile -- it makes you prettier -- get a smile. This one was pretty straight forward.

2. "Experience is reflective like a still pool."

When I look at my pool, I only see the bottom of the pool. Anyone else? Okay, but for real, you can tell if someone has experience in a particular field within a minute of watching them in their environment. Experience speaks louder than words.

3. "Good luck is often with the man who doesn't include it in his plans."

We need to stop wishing each other good luck or we're doomed. On a more serious note, some of the most successful people in the world started from scratch and hard work.

These people didn't count on handouts or a stroke of luck. This fortune hits home in a way, if you want your dreams to happen, you need to go out and get them. Don't wait for them to come to you because odds are they will never come.

4. "Love in its essence is spiritual fire."

I mean there's a reason we associate red with love and fire, right? This is simple preschool knowledge, but isn't it ironic many adults still can't grasp this concept of love?

This fortune tells us that love is spiritual fire, putting love on the importance level of religion (at least for me personally). The emphasis on love really makes you stop and think.

5. "Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you."

At some point, my mom stopped tying my shoes for me. I got tired of tripping on the playground, so guess what I did. I learned how to tie my shoes!

That's like asking your friend to talk to a professor or employer on your behalf or take responsibility for your mistakes. It just doesn't work that way. Accountability + independence = changing for the better for many!

6. "Pursue your wishes aggressively."

I wish to get up and go make a peanut butter & Nutella sandwich. I'll pursue aggressively with pride. You could take this literally, but this seems very similar to fortune #3. Pursue your dreams aggressively and you might just make it there. :)

7. "Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed."

Why are photographers hesitant to get into a relationship? They want to develop one, but they can't stop focusing on the negatives. Yes, I am sorry for the dad joke, but I felt it had to be said.

I personally love this analogy. Fear inhibits our desire to pursue our wishes aggressively! Fear thrives on hesitancy from the positive by focusing on the negatives. Don't live in this darkroom of fear, develop positives, not negatives.